Staff Accountant at Blue Nile
Blue Nile a leading online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success. Blue Nile offers a reimbursement program for those who would like to pursue their CPA license.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Staff Accountant to be a key contributor to our Finance Organization. Specific responsibilities will include month-end close, account reconciliations, financial reporting, and ad hoc special projects and analysis.
This position will also assist in the Financial Reporting team with internal control testing, consolidated and statutory audits and preparation of the financial statements and schedules. The successful candidate will be a detail-oriented self –starter who possesses exceptional organization, multi-tasking and communication skills. This position supports many functions within the Finance team and will also serve as a backup and be cross trained in other operational accounting and financial reporting tasks.
- Month-end close procedures preparation of journal entries, reconciliation of assigned general ledger accounts, and preparation of internal analyses and reports.
- Accounting and reconciliation of the following accounts:
- Prepaids & operational expenses
- Other current assets
- AP Trade and accrued liabilities
- Assist in the testing and documentation of compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Assist in the coordination of financial statement audits
- Process new vendor paperwork and maintain the chart of accounts
- Serve as a backup for various accounting responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Fixed Assets
- Investment in subs
- Preparation of requested audit documentation and analyses to support the independent auditors’ annual audits
- Other projects and initiatives as needed
- BA or BS in Accounting
- Minimum of one year accounting experience
- Knowledge of general accounting, financial reporting and GAAP concepts
- Ability to plan, prioritize and complete projects within deadlines
- Ability to write and communicate effectively
- Ability to interact professionally across all departments and functionalities within the organization
- Strong Excel skills
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Business Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus