Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to change the way freight moves.
The next time you’re out driving and see an 18-wheeler on the road, that truck is empty 35% of the time. When big trucks drive empty, they throw unnecessary CO2 into the atmosphere. In fact, empty trucks generate more than 76 million metric tons of wasted carbon emissions every year. At Convoy, our digital freight network helps reduce those empty miles and cut carbon waste by nearly half.
This is your opportunity to collaborate with an incredible group of people and help transform the freight industry. Join Convoy and help move the world forward.
You are eager to get your foot in the door at a fast paced, rapidly growing startup. You will demonstrate the ability to excel in a dynamic work environment.
- Optimize Convoy’s cash management and investments.
- Manage the Company’s financing relationships and ensure that Convoy is meeting its liquidity goals.
- Support fundraising efforts across the Company’s capital structure, and head everything from complex financing deal model development to financing-related due diligence and cross-functional project management.
- Oversee the Company’s equity pool and dilution.
- Be the subject-matter expert and go-to person for solving Convoy’s corporate finance problems.
- Manage investor relations activities such as facilitating information exchange and communication streams with current and prospective investors.
We're looking for someone who has
- 7+ years of strategic/corporate finance, private equity, or investment banking experience
- MBA preferred.
- Experience building and managing a team.
- High proficiency with financial and ad-hoc modeling.
- Strong investigational skills and the ability to problem-solve in ambiguous situations.
- Excellent communication that can manage cross-group collaboration (product, engineering, sales, operations, etc.).
- Strong project management skills with the ability to handle multiple priorities.
- Team player mentality, proactive and action oriented, with the ability to anticipate needs.
- Strong personal integrity, work ethic and attention to detail.
- Ability to excel in a dynamic work environment as an early member of a growing organization.
- Nice to haves:
- Experience in supply chain and logistics
- Experience working in a strategic finance and/or corporate treasury function
Employees' wellbeing is top of mind for the Convoy team. Outside of offering excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits, we also offer the following:
* On demand mental and emotional health benefits through Lyra
* On demand primary care through 98.6
* Generous paid time off
* Paid parental leave program
* Fertility benefit solutions via Progyny
* Child-care and adult/elder-care options through Bright Horizons
* Opportunity to join and contribute to one of our Employee Resource Groups
* Ability to make a real world impact!
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!