Head of Digital Marketing & Strategy at Chewy (Bellevue, WA)
Chewy is hiring a Head of Digital Marketing & Strategy to amplify Chewy across multiple paid mid-funnel channels including (but not limited to) Paid Social, Display (Programmatic), and Online Video across site and mobile app platforms with a focus on full-funnel media and measurement strategy. Chewy marketing spend has scaled to over $500MM/year and is a big input to our 20MM+ Active customers. We are seeking a senior leader who can drive both strategy and execution across mid-funnel campaigns, build a high-bar team of digital marketing managers, and demonstrate ownership of a growing program with c-suite visibility. You will be a key decision maker on not only the marketing channels and level of spend, but also the creative and strategy that best resonates with customers in each channel. You will be able to show a sturdy and resilient mindset, demonstrate the ability to debate and commit, and earn trust as we develop our capability to win in the Social and Programmatic space. This leader will also own developing media plans and work with multiple stakeholders across Chewy to determine the role paid mid-funnel marketing channels might plan in their businesses. The impact of this role is significant and broad, accounting for several of our KPIs.
The ideal candidate is a passionate consumer marketing leader who has a track record of achieving (and measuring) great results through innovative marketing programs across mid funnel digital reach channels. This leader can make measurable business impact by connecting mid-funnel activities to downstream business outcomes via last click, MMM, or media lift/holdout methodologies. The ideal candidate can manage and own the channel portfolio strategy, and performance of multiple campaigns across a variety of goals, is able to work with stakeholders, and can deliver quality work in a fast-paced and always evolving environment. To be successful in this role, you must be, 1) a subject matter expert on mid funnel channels, 2) a strong communicator, 3) a leader who can build a world class team, and 4) obsessed with the customer.
What You’ll Do:
- Own development and communication of the long-term vision, goals, and roadmap for digital marketing channels
- Build a best in class digital marketing team with clearly defined program objectives, tactics, and KPIs
- Develop strategies across mid funnel media channels, test new ideas, and iterate to grow
- Partner with analytics to provide consistent and actionable performance analysis, reporting, and insights that feeds back into the strategy
- Establish and manage mechanisms to communicate effectively with stakeholders across the business, creative, and executive leadership to articulate the impact your teams work is having on their businesses
- Analyze data to determine the optimal media strategy to influence our current and future customers
- Ability to conceptualize and execute projects, with strong bias for action, ability to prioritize and meet deadlines, and exceptional attention to detail
What You’ll Need:
- 10+ years of digital media experience, 5+ years managing teams
- Proven track record in attracting, developing, and motivating talent. Ability to continually raise the bar and leading teams to achieve results in a fast-paced environment.
- Deep knowledge of the mid-funnel including social, programmatic, online video and the ability to develop comprehensive media plans in a post-iOS14 privacy environment
- A history of owning, developing, and communicating long-term vision and goals that drive strategies for a portfolio of products
- Strong understanding of the data privacy landscape including platform updates and upcoming changes
- Mindset and ability to present ideas to senior level leadership, balance feedback with backbone to deliver the best plan, and engage in debates to hone our operating plans and ultimately deliver a winning position in the market
Compensation & Benefits:
The salary range for this position is $171,500-$368,000. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k, an annual bonus potential, new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact [email protected].
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact [email protected].