If you are a data driven leader looking to solve complex supply chain problems and drive innovation in e-commerce, come join us! Chewy is looking for a Head of Purchasing and Replenishment to join our Supply Chain Team based in Dania Beach, FL or Seattle, WA.
We are seeking a senior biz-tech leader who is highly motivated, goal-oriented, and an analytical hands-on leader who excels in a fast-paced environment. This leader will build, manage, and develop a high-performing team of People Leaders, Operations Research and Data Scientists, Product Managers, and Software Development Engineers. As single threaded owner, you will have end to end responsibility of the science and systems to create an industry leading purchasing and replenishment supply chain function.
A successful leader will drive improvements in domestic and imports supply chain, improve inventory availability and inventory health, improve and scale ordering logic, manage inventory management systems, drive inbound flow optimization, scheduling and routing, and more. You will develop analytical models and processes to improve purchase order creation, inbound flow, and integration with vendors, carriers, and fulfillment centers. You will also own production implementation of these critical systems to ensure continuous scalability.
This leader must have strong communication and partnership skills as it requires working closely with cross-functional leaders in Merchandising, Operations, and Transportation. You will be responsible for building a strategy and then designing and implementing solutions and technologies which will handle the growing business needs and play a key role in redefining what it means to be a world-class Science, Engineering, and Supply Chain organization.
What You'll Do:
- Develop long term strategy for scaling the purchasing and replenishment planning, processes, and systems to support the business growth and vision.
- Develop and operationalize analytical and science-based tools/models iteratively to support growing business use cases and complexity.
- Develop and deliver on key performance indicators for inventory availability, plan accuracy, inbound lead time, inbound flow efficiency, network performance, and more.
- Develop tactical plans for purchasing and replenishment to support the business and financial plans.
- Develop and implement multi-year systems roadmap.
- Hire, develop, and lead a team of research and/or data scientists, product managers, and software engineers.
- Lead the team in model and algorithm development by taking business requirements and complex problem statements, and clearly defining data science/statistical projects.
- Engage and drive industry leading engineering practices to drive efficient and scalable technical solutions.
- Strong communication skills and clear articulation of the vision and implementation plans.
- Drive Operation and Technical Excellence delivering highly scalable plans and systems.
- Work with Supply Chain leadership to build a roadmap and clearly defined vision for the team.
- Identify and manage priorities within the context of overall Chewy objectives
What You'll Need:
- 15+ years in inventory purchasing and replenishment and/or engineering positions in top CPG, retail, or e-commerce organizations
- 7+ years’ experience managing people and leading a team of leaders.
- Ability to understand and apply advanced mathematics
- An advanced degree (M.S., Ph.D., or equivalent experience) in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or related field
- Proven experience with bringing structured thinking in ambiguous problems spaces and delivering solutions.
- R or Python mastery
- SQL expertise
- Extensive experience working with Purchasing and Replenishment optimization
- Experience building complex analytical models
- Ability to operate simultaneously and effectively in both tactical and strategic modes
- Highly analytical Biz-Tech leader who can drive significant value
- Experience architecting fault tolerant, high scale distributed systems
- Experience developing inbound strategy for maximum efficiency
- Experience leading, coaching, and developing a high performing team
- An ability to flawlessly multi-task and thrive under pressure and deadlines
- Position may require travel