Content Marketing Intern
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is looking for a full-time, three-month content marketing intern to work closely with the content marketing team. This role will help support Zipwhip’s overall content marketing strategy to drive customer acquisition and retention through development of high-value content assets like blog posts, e-book, webinars and videos.
What's the job really?
- Brainstorm and write two blog posts per month
- Assist in planning and production of webinars, podcasts and videos
- Monitor competitor's blogs and identify content opportunities
- Conduct keyword research to support our SEO strategy
- Upload and schedule posts in WordPress
- Write SEO pages to increase organic traffic
- Assist with tagging strategy and audit
- Track performance metrics in Google Analytics
- Assist with content audit and mapping content to buyer personas
- Generate ideas to drive traffic to The Zip and increase newsletter subscriptions
- Adhere to tone and style guidelines to ensure consistency of voice across the site
What you bring to the table:
- Four-year degree in marketing, journalism, communications or a related field
- Experience creating content for a business, nonprofit or membership organization
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, with knowledge of AP style
- Ability to write clear and concise copy to educate a wide variety of audiences
- Experience using WordPress or comparable CMS
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Creative thinker with the drive and skill to execute with minimal direction
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work in a dynamic and changing workplace
- The ability to productively take direction and feedback, while autonomously delivering on projects
- High-quality writing and attention to detail
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.