Our success is dependent on building teams that include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we look for a diverse pool of applicants including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, veterans, and people from different socioeconomic backgrounds.
Outreach is looking for a student or recent graduate to join our upcoming Summer 2022 Customer Success Internship program! This Internship is designed to prepare individuals for a career in a fast paced SaaS environment by immersing the individuals in all aspects of customer success and a business advocate career path.
One of the largest teams at Outreach, Customer Success is the trusted advisor helping Sales Leaders shape their strategy and drive measurable business impact. We are the experts on our product, the Sales Engagement industry, and contextualize together how it delivers value for our customers. A successful team member will be collaborative in their approach while advocating for customer needs to improve product, positioning, and capabilities. As a Customer Success Advisor Intern you'll have the opportunity to work with our largest volume of customers. You will help to create plans and programs that not only affect your customers, but have a ripple effect throughout the organization.
We are currently accepting college juniors or seniors (or those with commensurate experience) who exemplify determination, coachability, creativity and curiosity. Do you want to come into work and feel like you are learning every day? Are you looking for a team that fosters partnership and helping each to achieve goals? Does it sound interesting to be a part of a company that is not just selling but changing the way people sell? If this sounds like some of the questions you are asking yourself then quick, go hit that apply button!
Your Daily Adventures Will Include
- Help our Customer Success Advisor team manage current customers through project management, customer enablement, product knowledge and strategic initiatives
- Communicate with clients using the Outreach platform
- Learn Best Practice frameworks to help customers achieve value from using Outreach
- Participate in building programs to influence customer behaviors to increase efficiencies with the use of our technology
- Analyzing and reviewing data to advise on the overall strategy and reinforce the value of the overall investment
- Participate in team events - we gotta have some fun here too!
- Learn from leaders in the field by being a part of continuing education and trainings
- Programmatic Problem Solver - you have the ability to extrapolate insights from a few conversations, or data sets. You can then take that insight and apply it to a larger group to make a sustainable impact.
- Outcomes Focused- you focus on the actions and behaviors that influence outcomes, and hold both yourself and your customers accountable.
- Proactive - you understand the big picture and are consistent in your efforts to guide clients on the path to success. This includes anticipating / resolving risks, strategically tapping internal resources, and maintaining clear alignment on success criteria.
- Empathy - It’s not just retention and expansion. You are curious about the people you speak with, ask intelligent questions to unearth their pain points, and act as a partner in resolution.
- High EQ - an active listener and incredibly present, you pick up on the non-verbal cues and understand the tone of the conversation and how to communicate the right message to each member of the audience.
- Team Player - one person cannot do it on their own. You’ll partner with team members on the CS team as well as cross functionally as well.
- Customer Career Path - a strong interest in a career in sales, account management or consulting for your future career.
- Tech Savvy - you have a knack for learning new technologies quickly and are interested in how these advances can help make life easier.
What You'll Get
- Experience at one of the fastest growing technology companies and innovators in the space
- Consulting and Customer Engagement 101
- Experience leading and assisting on client facing Zoom meetings
- Sales strategy and knowledge from a leading Sales technology company
- CRM / Sales Engagement tool stack knowledge
- Networking and relationships within SAAS
- Coaching by Customer Success leaders
- Graduation and certificate as an "Outreach Professional Services Certified Intern"
This is a paid internship with the intent to offer full time employment to qualified interns at the completion of the program. We understand that school is your top priority and have designed our internship with some scheduling flexibility to accommodate class schedules as best we can. We're looking forward to reviewing your submissions and finding great new additions to the Outreach team.
Why You’ll Love It Here
• Generous medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees and their dependents
• Flexible time off
• 401k to help you save for the future
• Company-organized and personal paid volunteer days to support the community that supports us
• Fun company and team outings (or virtual events these days!) because we play just as hard as we work
• Diversity and inclusion programs that promote employee resource groups like OWN (Outreach Women's Network), AAPI, Rainbow (LGBTQIA+), Gender+, LatinX, Black Excellence, Disability Community, and Veterans
• A parental leave program that includes not just extended time off but options for a paid night nurse, food delivery, gradual return to work, and the Gottman Institute's Bringing Home Baby course for new parents
• Employee referral bonuses to encourage the addition of great new people to the team
• Plus, unlimited snacks and beverages in our kitchen (once we're back in the office, that is!)
• We’re an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status