Data Engineer Intern- OfferUp- Summer 2020
OfferUp is dedicated to building the simplest and most trustworthy way for people to buy and sell in their communities. Every year, millions of people use OfferUp to buy and sell locally, resulting in billions of dollars of local commerce. As the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., our iOS and Android app has been in the top five most popular shopping apps lists for more than three years. Join us as we build the marketplace of the future and reinvent local commerce by helping consumers uncover value through simplicity and trust.
At a Glance
- 85M+ Downloads
- Geekwire App of Year
- 15+ percent of adults in key markets like Los Angeles, Seattle, Miami and Las Vegas use OfferUp every month
OfferUp is looking for a Data Engineering Intern to join us as we disrupt the local mobile marketplace. As a Data Engineer, you will work on collecting, storing, processing and analyzing huge sets of data, to empower our business users and engineers to gain insights about our users and our business, which will help them make great decisions.
Here’s more of what you’ll get to do:
- Build and maintain data pipelines ingesting massive amounts of data from a wide variety of sources: cloud-based transactional databases, key-value stores, high-velocity event streams and third party data feeds.
- Organize the data in a data lake, as well as a distributed, columnar, MPP data warehouse.
- Build dimensional models and transformations, providing various business users with easy to understand, high performance data models
You’ll thrive in this role if you have:
- Graduating with a BA or BS ; Computer Science or Engineering in 2021
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Proficiency in scripting languages and SQL
- Experience and knowledge of data pipelines and real-time data streams
- Experience with BI and visualization tools (Looker preferred)
- Must be eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally and we’ve built a dynamic team to do it. To learn more about what it’s like to work at OfferUp, check out our blog: https://blog.offerup.com/tagged/culture
OfferUp provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OfferUp complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
OfferUp expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OfferUp’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.