Barn2Door is rated by Built-In Seattle as one of the Top 50 Small Businesses to Work For (< 100 Employees). We are a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to give local food access to all, by making it convenient to buy online direct from local Farmers.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth --- and in helping Farms with their online branding.
In this role as a Design Intern on the (Farmer) Success Team, you’ll be responsible for contributing to the Success Department’s Design Studio. The Design studio’s purpose is to help Farmers be successful online through a powerful online Brand across all digital channels, customer experience and communications. As part of the team you will build Farmer websites and Brand assets including but not limited to newsletter templates, Store imagery, social graphics and content development. You will follow brand guidelines, UX/UI best practices and web design best practices. You will have the opportunity to directly interface with the Design and Success Teams and Barn2Door customers.
To be successful in this role you need to possess design education and talent, and be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept and self-motivated. This is a full-time internship (we can dial it back to 25h-30h/week during school) ideal for a college student or recent graduate seeking more experience in Graphic and Web Design, as well as experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment.
- Disciplined, self-motivated and passionate about design
- Humble yet hungry, with a heart for sustainable agriculture
- Interested in Graphic Design, brand storytelling and Web Design
- An excellent communicator with great listening skills
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence in an organization that commands teamwork
- Eager to learn and comfortable with the urgency and expectations of a fast paced startup environment
- Execute high quality product and projects, on time
- Represent the Barn2Door brand in a professional and positive manner to Customers
- Always look to improve and iterate on the design process
- Communicate regularly, effectively and efficiently to team members and your manager
- Be responsible for creating Design assets such as: websites, email templates and other branded graphic assets
- Be expected to hit certain milestones, deadlines and metrics
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator as well as Website Builders
- A great eye for typography, color and photo selection
- Experience creating design work on a tight timeline
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite, Hubspot and Slack
- $17 / hour
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Ongoing training and professional development
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your design skill set and gain experience working with customers
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.