Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
In this role as a Creative Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Marketing Team, and have the opportunity to participate in the creative process inside a startup. You will be responsible for creating graphic assets for various marketing efforts. You will become familiar with the marketing process, following brand guidelines, and iterating on/improving designs.
To be successful in this role you need to be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept and self-motivated. This part-time internship is ideal for a college student seeking a resume builder or early-career opportunity, including experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment.
- A creative graphic designer
- Interested in creative design for marketing
- Interested in designing for digital ads, promotional assets, and website layouts
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter
- An excellent communicator with great listening skills
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence in an organization that commands teamwork
- Extremely comfortable in a fast growth startup environment
- Execute creative projects on the marketing team
- Be responsible for creating marketing assets such as: digital ad creatives, banners for events, graphics for videos, blogs, and our website.
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator
- Experience creating creative assets
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite and Slack
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Ongoing training and professional development
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end digital marketing influence and responsibilities
- Must have #Heart for Farmers, local food and environmental stewardship
- Must be domiciled in the State of Washington and legally authorized to work in the United States
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.