Design - Success Intern at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
In this role as a Design - Success Intern, you’ll be responsible for supporting the Success Department’s Design Studio, and have the opportunity to participate in the creative process inside a startup. The Design studio’s purpose is to help Farmers be successful online through a powerful online Brand across all digital channels, customer experience and communications. As part of the team you will build Farmer websites and Brand assets including but not limited to newsletter templates, Store imagery, social graphics and content development. You will follow brand guidelines, UX/UI best practices and web design best practices. You will have the opportunity to directly interface with the Design and Success Teams and Barn2Door customers.
To be successful in this role you need to possess design talent, and be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept and self-motivated. This full or part-time internship is ideal for a college student or recent graduate seeking more experience in Graphic Design, Web Design and UX/UI, as well as experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment.
- Disciplined, self-motivated and passionate about design
- Humble yet hungry, with a heart for sustainable agriculture
- Interested in Graphic Design, brand storytelling, User Experience, User Interface and Web Design
- An excellent communicator with great listening skills
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence in an organization that commands teamwork
- Eager to learn and comfortable with the urgency and expectations of a fast paced startup environment
- Execute high quality product and projects, on time
- Represent the Barn2Door brand in a professional and positive manner to Customers
- Always look to improve and iterate on the design process
- Be responsible for creating Design assets such as: websites, email templates and other branded graphic assets
- Be expected to hit certain milestones, deadlines and metrics
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Experience with graphic design programs such as Adobe Photoshop & Illustrator as well as Website Builders
- A great eye for typography, color and photo selection
- Experience creating design work on a tight timeline
- Ability to interact, communicate, and present ideas
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite and Slack
- $15 / hour
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Ongoing training and professional development
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your design skill set and gain experience working with customers
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.