Accolade at a glance…
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. Using a blend of cloud-based technologies, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians, and integrated data and programs across mobile, online and phone, Accolade navigates people through the healthcare system with trust, empathy and ease. Employers of all sizes offer Accolade to employees and their families as the single place to turn for all health, healthcare, and benefits questions or concerns, increasing their engagement in benefits and connecting them to the highest quality providers and care. By empowering people to make better decisions about their health, Accolade lowers the cost and complexity of healthcare, and achieves consumer satisfaction ratings over 90% and an NPS of 60. The company has been recognized multiple times as a Fastest Growing Business, Top Workplace and Company to Watch. For more information, visit Accolade on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and at www.accolade.com.
The Government Solutions Intern role requires hands-on expertise developing and supporting key processes and reports for our Government Solutions business. This person should be able to take direction in interviewing key stakeholders and turning abstract concepts into clear and concise process maps and training documents. Additionally this role will assist the VP of GST in developing reporting concepts which enable both our customers and stakeholders a clear view into how we are supporting their beneficiaries.
A day in the life…
- Work closely with Government Solutions leadership to design processes that accurately articulate a better way of supporting our beneficiaries.
- Collaborate with our Stewards and our key stakeholders in identifying dev and technology concepts which better support our clients
- Work with product intelligence and insight teams to design dashboard concepts applicable to both internal and external stakeholder requirements.
- Regularly examine reports, dashboard and sources of truth systems, to identify, trace and resolve errors back at their origin.
- Identify operational, clinical and financial trends and effectively communicate results and key insights from analysis in both written and verbal form
- Assist in ensuring our data repository concepts provide an ease of use for our staff
What we are looking for…
In addition to being able to carry out the above responsibilities, we're looking for someone comfortable working in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering or business discipline equivalent (operations)
- Experience in Microsoft Excel and comfortable with forecasting concepts
- Analytical skills that allow for sound decision making
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and prioritize projects to meet deadlines
- General knowledge of business operations, objectives, strategies, process and information flow concepts
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively relate data and concepts to coworkers
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- Hands-on, skillful communicator that is detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges
- A quick learner with a passion to challenge him/herself outside of the comfort zone
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high
- An excellent problem solver with a “can-do” attitude
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator and influencer
- Highly communicative, self-starting individual who maintains a fast fail entrepreneurial spirit
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.