Internship (Non-Engineering) - OfferUp - Summer 2019
Do you want to ship a project and be mentored by the best?
OfferUp is on a mission to create the simplest, most trustworthy way to buy and sell locally. The free app for iOS and Android helps sellers quickly post items for sale with just a picture from their smartphones and lets buyers easily browse what's nearby. Now the largest mobile marketplace for local buyers and sellers in the U.S., OfferUp brings millions of people together to discover more value right where they are.
At a Glance
- A top shopping app on iTunes and Google Play
- $20+ Billion in transactions
- Geekwire App of Year
- 60+ Million Downloads
We are looking for interns to join OfferUp next Summer 2019, across Product, Customer Experience, Trust & Safety, UX Design, Business Operations and more! The ideal candidate will be entrepreneurial in spirit, a team player who can work cross-functionally, and able to operate in an ambiguous yet execution-focused environment. If you're a problem solver at heart and want to gain experience at a rapidly growing start-up, own projects and ship real features, then we’d love to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- Partner with engineering, design, data science, biz ops and other product groups to develop, implement, test and launch new features and initiatives across the business
- Develop overall vision, strategy, requirements, key results and future roadmaps for team specific projects and KPIs
- Manage project plans, deliverables, backlog and ensure features are on-track and aligned to overall team goals and business objectives
- Identify, analyze, and mitigate project risks and remove blockers
What we’re looking for:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in a field directly related to your discipline and graduating in 2020; MBA preferred for Product Management Intern candidates
- Strong communication skills, and proven ability to collaborate effectively with multidisciplinary teams
- Excellent technical, analytical and data-driven skills
- Passion for customer obsession, diving deep and delivering results
- Experience in entrepreneurship (created an app, product, etc), leadership (via on campus groups, scholarships, etc), and product experience a plus (previous PM/engineering/related internship)
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies and practices
- Eligible to work in the United States
OfferUp is changing the way people buy and sell locally! Come join the team and take the ride of your life.