Research Intern at PitchBook
At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook's Research Intern works to ensure that valuable data is being utilized in the PitchBook platform in the most efficient way. A Research Intern will use our in-house developed Research Tool Suite (RTS), Excel, and other tools to help the team ensure our data meets high quality standards while continually increasing the efficiency, productivity, and quality. Their focus will support secondary research, which is the collection of data publicly available from websites, news, and other sources.
Research is responsible for the core of what we do as a company: delivering high quality data on the private markets to thousands of discerning customers. This is done through our various data collection processes consisting of web-based data scraping, entering of data from publicly available documents, web researching of hard-to-find information, and direct communication with executives, investors and advisors involved in transactions and fundraising.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Research events in the private equity and venture capital industries, including details on deals, acquired companies and investment firms
- Gather information through web research and manage the information in our research database – then verify it
- Leverage our in-house database, business intelligence reports and other technology-based tools to ensure that proprietary data is audited and added to the PitchBook Platform efficiently
- Learn research tracking methodologies to ensure that data is of the utmost quality
- Regularly collaborate with other research team members to learn about different datasets and help with various data quality initiatves
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with your team and other stakeholders to provide updates on project progress, address roadblocks and celebrate wins.
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors.
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Numbers and data drivers
- Iterators: love process, and they love to improve efficiency even more
- Love to work with their team, but can also work alone to get stuff done on time
- Are amazing communicators, both verbally and in their written materials
- Are incessantly curious, innovative, and most importantly, METICULOUS in their work. They are some of the most highly detailed oriented people we've ever met;
- Are interested in the private equity, venture capital and M&A industries;
- They usually are in the process of getting their 4-year college degree, often in the fields of finance and/or economics.
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.