Sales & Marketing Intern
- Experience rapid growth in the first AI startup to be funded by Google
- Help us engage, draw in, and build trust with the Data Science community
- Work on a growing team and company with potential for advancement
This 6-month long internship is a wonderful opportunity to learn the fundamentals of B2B growth marketing and operations at a local SaaS company. You will have the chance to contribute to lead generation campaigns across multiple channels: sales process paid marketing (retargeting, social platforms, email marketing, event marketing), and work closely with both the marketing and sales organizations. This role primary objective will be improving data quality to enhance the performance of all marketing campaigns and help increase our sales engagement for our SDR team.
The ideal candidate is a college Senior, or recent graduate majoring in Sales, Business Development, Marketing, or related field. The commitment is 20 hours/week that can be flexible to accommodate class schedules. A laptop will be provided for in-office work.
At the end of your internship, you will have the option to potentially come onboard full time as either a Sales or Marketing Coordinator depending on our needs at the time. This is a great opportunity to get involved with one of the hottest AI and Machine Learning companies in Seattle.
You will have the opportunity to work with and learn the following different platforms:
- Salesforce, Hubspot, LeanData, DiscoverOrg, SplashThat, Google Analytics, AdRoll, Social Platforms, and company created tools.
- 30% of time: Data Integrity & Digital Campaigns - Working to improve the quality of the data that lives in our systems of record: the CRM (Salesforce) and Marketing Automation Platform (Hubspot).
- Example projects:
- Converting leads that should be contacted in Salesforce
- Merging duplicates records across all Salesforce objects
- Purging test/junk records—analyze and report on database health
- Enhancing records with missing data
- Pulling metrics from channel interfaces
- Swapping creatives, landing page updates and testing
- 20% of time: Dashboards & Reporting
- Learning and pulling Hubspot/Salesforce reports on KPIs from lead gen campaigns, email marketing, events, content promotion, etc.
- Build sales views and reports to help
- Sales and Marketing dashboards - work to develop insights for our SDR team and unearth gold in our massive pile of contacts.
- 50% of time: Sales Coordination - You’ll spend time helping us build a huge pipeline of leads, opportunities, and deals inside Salesforce! We’re looking for an Excel Wiz, so if you don’t black out when you hear the word “pivot table” and “concatenate” you might be a great fit!
- Download lists using established tools, export them into Excel. Clean them up and send them off for import.
- Help us build a world-class nurture program to turn them into revenue.
- Build sales sequences in Hubspot that the sales and SDR team can leverage in their communication.
- Join Quora and LinkedIn chat groups and follow people to see what types of questions they are asking.
- Ensure opportunities, accounts and contacts have the correct information associated with them.
- Build tradeshow contacts lists for the SDR team to reach out to drive meetings.
- Take tradeshow lists of titles & companies and identify which people we want to reach out to and how.