We’ve got a pretty good thing going on here at OpenMarket. We’re leaders of a mobile industry that's transforming the way customer obsessed businesses communicate with their customers. Join our team: we're friendly, caring, weirdly tenacious, and fun.
The world’s biggest brands seek us out because we love finding ways to help them make their customers’ lives easier. It’s this obsession with customer experience that helps us develop software, technology and processes that competitors all over the world desire.
We’re seeking enthusiastic, collaborative and resourceful people from a range of backgrounds who know how to get things done. Success comes from our culture, diversity and dynamic global team so we value people who are authentic, take ownership, and deliver together. Does this sound like you?
Software Development Engineer Intern
Would you like an opportunity to work on real production code? Would you like to become the next member of a collaborative development team? Do you want to be mentored and gain marketable engineering skills? We don't put you in an isolated corner, assign you fake projects, and say "see you in 3 months." If this sounds like the ideal internship, we want to hear from you.
OpenMarket is currently offering internship opportunities for Java software development engineers to design, build, configure, and test application software. Our service-oriented architecture consists of a growing number of web services that drive our mobile messaging platform. Working on a small, dedicated service team, you will ensure our services are able to scale while maintaining high performance in a 99.99% up-time environment.
- Flexible 12 week program; Full-Time (40 hours/week)
- Paid position with salary and benefits; high conversion rate to full-time position
- Join a service team, working with OpenMarket engineers building real products
- our assigned mentor will help you ramp up quickly, answer questions, and provide direction
- All code is reviewed and tested by the team to ensure production readiness
- Fun and engaging team bonding events throughout your internship
What to bring
- A collaborative working style—communicate and work well in our team environment
- Creative and analytical problem-solving skills
- Core Java competence
- Knowledge of Linux
- Test-focused mindset to ensure quality of your code
You'll be a great fit if
- You love being a part of a small, dynamic, and agile team that encourages you to learn and grow
- You desire to work with some of the world’s top brands
- You love finding solutions to interesting problems and figuring out how things work
- You welcome having autonomy with complex tasks
- You are passionate about using your experience and expertise to inspire the team
This position is open in Seattle, WA.
OpenMarket embraces diversity and is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer.
We are unable to sponsor new U.S. work visas at this time.
Employment in this position may be contingent upon successful completion of a criminal and/or credit background investigation.
Read Full Job Description