Software Engineering Intern
Headquartered in Irvine, California, VIZIO is a leading HDTV brand in America and the #1 Sound Bar Brand in America. VIZIO's mission is to deliver the ultimate entertainment experience through our community of connected consumers, advertisers, and media content providers. Through our connected entertainment platform, VIZIO is transforming the way consumers discover and experience media content. Since our founding in California in 2002, VIZIO has built an industry-leading brand of products, including televisions, sound bars and other devices. VIZIO's product leadership is highlighted by a number of industry reviews and awards, making the 2018 collection the most awarded in company history.
Our Seattle office is fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environments that primarily focus on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.
Our Seattle office is a fast paced, highly collaborative start up like environment that primarily focuses on VIZIO's SmartCast product line.The Software Engineering Intern work closely with the our senior software engineers, to designs, implement, and test software related to our website, services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Gather requirements to design and plan software solutions.
• Implement software solutions by writing code in a matter consistent with company's coding standards and guidelines.
Software QA Testing
• Responsible for testing their own code to ensure that it is performing as expected in regards to correctness and performance.
• Keeps track of bugs in their code, and fixes bugs in a timely manner.
Operational Planning and Execution
• Manages programming tasks and works on them in priority order as determined by their manager.
• Participates in the planning and scheduling of tasks, and responsible for meeting deadlines as determined jointly with their manager.
• Puts comments in code as appropriate, and produces external documentation for more complex software components.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Computer Science Major or equivalent experience
• Minimum 1 year of programming experience (personal, educational, or commercial)
• Some Experience with .NET and C#.
• Knowledge of general programming techniques
• Knowledge of object-oriented programming.
• Ability to work independently, or as part of a team.
• Able to debug own code
• Good communications skills
• Attention to detail, and a careful approach to handling issues.
• Ability and desire to learn new technologies.
• Comfortable with Windows operating systems.
VIZIO Services, LLC, a subsidiary of VIZIO, Inc. offers excellent career opportunity as well as a competitive compensation and benefits package. We are an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran