Software Engineering Internship
Transparent Systems is transforming financial infrastructure with on-demand settlement solutions. Leveraging cryptographically secured distributed networks, we’re reducing the friction in making and receiving payments. Starting with B2B payments and treasury management solutions, our goal is to create a more inclusive economy that empowers your business and your money.
We always live our core values of collaboration, transparency, diversity, and accountability, which reflect in the way we work together, treat each other, and in the products we build.
You: You love understanding how things work. You have technical skills, are curious, creative, and love making a difference. You have a growth mentality—you love exploring and learning new things. You’re ready to take what you have learned and apply it to something that matters. Why? Because you want to make a difference, and we do, too.
Here at Transparent Systems, we believe that in our on-demand economy built of 1s and 0s, moving money between two parties should be as quick and as easy as sending a text message. Leveraging cryptographically secured distributed networks, we’re reducing the friction in making and receiving payments. We’re also doing away with conventional costs per transaction, transforming the way businesses pay to get paid.
We create solutions, not currencies. Our goal is to develop a more inclusive economy that empowers you, your business, and your money. We strive to live our core values in everything we do—how we work together, treat each other, and in the products we build. Will you join us?
For summer 2020, we are searching for Software Engineering interns to work with us. What you’ll do here will directly impact our customers, from implementation to interactions, you will see your contributions come to fruition.
You will work side-by-side with our engineering team coding, testing, and implementing features during our sprint cycles. You’ll join and contribute to our engineering guilds; and have the opportunity and access to work cross-functionally with all of our teams, from leadership to product, not just other engineers. At the end of the summer, you’ll have first-hand experience with what it’s like day-to-day to be a software engineer in a small, agile, startup environment, and have the work to prove it.
What you'll do:
- Let’s keep it simple – we need you to code! You’ll be collaborating with the team to develop a game-changing product. This is pure engineering/software development
- Build highly scalable software systems using Rust and web technologies
- Code, iterate, test, implement, and repeat as you work through sprint cycles with the team
- Create solutions for real-time, secure distributed systems, and gain exposure to cutting-edge technologies
What you bring:
- You are a Junior or Senior in your Undergraduate studies or a Graduate student currently pursuing a CS, CSE, EE or equivalent degree
- Experience with or interest in strongly typed programming languages like Rust, C, C++, C#, etc.; OR experience with or interest in web technologies like HTML5, Typescript, REST, and web frameworks
- A curiosity and passion for tech – if you have a passion project you work on outside of school, a school project you took further because you were having fun, a blog or podcast you love to follow, a previous internship project you love to show off, etc., let’s chat about it
- You are authorized to work in the U.S. at the time of hire, and can maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
What we offer:
- Work at a cutting-edge startup building something new from the ground up
- Competitive, hourly intern salary (housing not available)
- Learning and growth in your role while making impactful contributions that you’ll see IRL
- Fun place to work with smart people
- Collaborative environment
- Convenient downtown Seattle location
- Office perks: Snacks, drinks, brown bag lunches, company-sponsored events, etc.
Read more about us: https://www.builtinseattle.com/company/transparent-systems
The company is an Equal Opportunity Employer who encourages diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, disability, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
To agencies: We are currently not working with agencies, thanks.
Read Full Job Description