Success - Intern at Barn2Door
Success - Intern (Success)
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
In this Customer Success Intern role, you’ll be responsible for supporting our Success Team as they welcome and train new Farmers, and help launch Farmer's websites and online stores. Sample work includes tracking Farmers' progress, setting up their webstores, auditing their social channels, testing new features and evaluating Farmers online sessions.
To be successful in this role you need to be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept and self-motivated. You will learn online tools including but not limited to HubSpot (a Customer Relationship Management software), Slack, Google Business Suite and Barn2Door’s platform.
This part-time internship is ideal for a college student seeking a resume builder or early-career opportunity, including experience and exposure working inside a fast-paced startup environment. Our office is located in Fremont (next door to SeaWolf bakery)! This is an on-premise job as you will work closely with the team to support Farmers' success.
- Detail-oriented, someone who seeks to exceed expectations on tasks and projects
- Self-identified problem-solver, resourceful, humble - no task is too small
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- A good communicator, collaborator and team member who looks to fill in gaps and make a difference
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence and keen on working in a fast growth startup environment
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools, such as G! Suite and Slack, Hootsuite, Squarespace, LuckyOrange and Barn2Door’s ecommerce platform
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas and invite continual feedback
- Nice to have: food or farming domain knowledge and / or a passion for local farms and changing the food system
- Research data and track Farmers’ progress across various implementation processes
- Build out Farmers’ online inventory, profiles and schedules
- Update Farmer profiles in Hubspot and G! Suite trackers
- Research Farmers' social channels, make recommendations
- Test the Barn2Door platform as we deploy new features - report bugs and make product suggestions based on your experience
- Willingly support other areas of the business - namely in Marketing, Sales and Success where your hard-work, positive attitude and detailed nature could be of value
- $17/h working part-time (20h / week)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end insight into a tech startup
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hip startup office environment on Eastlake (Lake Union)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.