Success - Intern at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is rated by Built-In Seattle as one of the Top 50 Small Businesses to Work For (< 100 Employees). We are a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll play a key role in building a startup business, including supporting the growth and training of others.
In this Customer Success Intern role, you’ll be responsible for supporting our Onboarding Team as they welcome and train new Farmers and help launch Farmer's online stores. Your work will include setting up inventory in Farmers’ web stores, writing professional marketing content for Farmers, designing branded marketing materials in Mailchimp, and reviewing new Farmer websites for publication.
To be successful in this role you need to be curious, detailed-oriented, collaborative, technology-adept, and self-motivated. You will learn online tools including but not limited to HubSpot (a Customer Relationship Management software), Mailchimp, Squarespace, Slack, Google Business Suite, and Barn2Door’s platform.
This full-time internship is ideal for college students or recent grads seeking to gain valuable experience including exposure to working inside a fast-paced startup environment. Our office is located in Fremont. This is an on-premise job as you will work closely with the team to support Farmers' success.
- Detail-oriented, someone who seeks to exceed expectations on tasks and projects
- Self-identified problem-solver, resourceful, humble - no task is too small
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- A good communicator, collaborator and team member who looks to fill in gaps and make a difference
- Willing to work with a high degree of independence and keen on working in a fast growth startup environment
- Ambition to learn more about startups
- Hunger to learn technology and productivity tools such as G! Suite,Slack, HubSpot, Mailchimp, Squarespace, and Barn2Door’s ecommerce platform
- Confidence to ask questions, contribute ideas, and invite continual feedback
- Nice to have: food or farming domain knowledge and / or a passion for local farms and changing the food system
- Build out Farmers’ online profile, inventory, and schedules
- Write professional marketing content for Farmers to use in newsletters and on their website
- Design branded marketing materials in Mailchimp to give Farmers a kickstart in growing their business
- Review and make final edits to Farmers’ websites (built in Squarespace) before publication
- Willingly lend support to other tasks and projects as needed
- $17/h working full-time (40h / week)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- To work closely with all team members including executives
- To grow your skill set and experience with end-to-end insight into a tech startup
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Hip startup office environment in Fremont (on Lake Union / Burke Gilman Trail)
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated, and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups, and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.