Contracts Manager at Zipwhip
We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
Zipwhip is seeking a Contracts Manager to join our growing team. This position requires outstanding organizational capabilities, attention to detail, execution and follow-through. The Contracts Manager will be an integral member of a cross-functional and collaborative team in a dynamic growth environment. You must have excellent written and oral communication skills as this position involves direct contact with principal business owners.
What you’ll be working on:
- Contract Review. Help review and draft a variety of third-party contractual documents such as NDAs, data processing agreements, amendments, and other commercial agreements that establish business relationships with customers, vendors and partners.
- Risk Evaluation. Identify and review business, legal, and contractual risks.
- Approvals. Engages with business units, legal and other functions to obtain approval for non-standard contractual positions in accordance with corporate policies.
- Deal Flow. Manage internal processes to track transactions from beginning to end and create reports for review by management.
- Contract Templates and Repository. Collaborates with legal, sales, business development teams and other functions to draft and maintain contract templates; maintain contracts repository and summary of contract terms.
- Guidance. Provide processes and guidance to the sales organization, business units, and functions to ensure contracts satisfy corporate requirements, organizational goals and customer needs.
- RFPs. Assist with responding to RFP and security audit requests.
- Liaison. Assist with managing and coordinating with outside counsel and tracking and reporting on legal department expenses.
Data / Records Management
- Data Flow. Monitor data flow for new contractual relationships and assure that appropriate processes are in place; provide guidance to business units as to appropriate data contract provisions needed for various categories of data.
- State Registrations. Maintain state, federal, provincial and regulatory registrations and ensure compliance with ongoing registration requirements.
- Data Management. Provide guidance to business units about data management aspects of new tools, vendors, and processes.
- Data Destruction. Partner with business functions regarding the monitoring and potential decommissioning of various programs and destruction/purging of records to ensure that appropriate records retention guidelines are satisfied.
- Privacy laws. Help to keep track of evolving privacy and data protection laws in U.S., Canada and other jurisdictions.
- Vendor Management. Assist with the implementation of the vendor selection, audit and management policies and procedures.
- Data Subject Rights. Assist with the process of responding to data subject rights requests, incident vetting, and improving the effectiveness and efficiency of our incident response program.
- Assist with SOC 2 audits, and updates to SOC 2 controls and policies.
The skills you’ll need:
- 5-8 years experience in contracts, contracts management, or other comparable experience within a law firm, in-house legal department or tech company sales operations team
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple contracts at once, follow through and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail and creative results-oriented individual with a focus on value-added service
- Good judgment, and high level of professional integrity and commitment to excellence.
- Bachelor's degree
- Demonstrates an understanding of contract law, contract negotiations, and procedures related to contract management and project management principles
- A firm understanding of Powerpoint, Sharepoint, Salesforce, and the ability to learn and master new software applications and solutions
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively build and manage relationships
- Flexible and adaptable in a fast paced, deadline driven work environment
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
Regular and predictable attendance is an essential function of the job.
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.