Corporate Attorney at PitchBook
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
PitchBook is seeking an attorney with 6+ years of experience as a corporate generalist (preferably, in-house) to draft, review and negotiate licenses and other commercial agreements and to provide advice and guidance on a variety of other legal matters affecting the operations of PitchBook on a worldwide basis. The ideal candidate has strong negotiating and drafting skills, works well with both internal business teams and external clients, is well-versed in intellectual property law and comes from the data/financial information industry. Competitive in-house salary, plus annual performance bonus.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Work with sales and product management personnel to structure, draft, review, analyze and negotiate complex data, research and SaaS licenses, data aggregation arrangements, redistribution agreements, growth-driven commercial partnerships and other outbound commercial contracts related to the products/services PitchBook makes available to its clients in the United States and abroad.
- Work with PitchBook's procurement function to review and negotiate data licensing, software, consulting, IT and related contracts with company vendors.
- Advise on information security, privacy and related issues, including GDPR, the California Consumer Privacy Act and other similar laws.
- Provide practical, decisive guidance to business development, business operations, marketing and finance teams that balances business objectives and legal risk.
- Advise on industry, commercial, IP, privacy, employment and other laws, regulations and developments relating to PitchBook's worldwide business.
- As needed, work with PitchBook's sister businesses, Morningstar's corporate functions and external counsel in connection with litigation, real estate matters, mergers and acquisitions, corporate restructuring activities and other similar projects.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Must be admitted to practice law in the State of Washington
- Must have at least six years' experience providing corporate legal support for multi-national business operations, including substantial experience with data and SaaS licensing and exposure to other commercial matters in a fast-paced sales culture
- Proven negotiation, drafting and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently and independently, prioritize workflow, meet demanding deadlines, and manage multi-faceted projects in a fast-moving environment.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.