Corporate Counsel at Ekata
Ekata (formerly Whitepages Pro) provides global identity verification via enterprise-grade APIs and a SaaS solution. Our product suite is powered by Ekata Identity Engine, the first and only cross-border identity engine of its kind. It uses complex machine learning algorithms across the five consumer attributes of email, phone, name, physical address, and IP to derive unique data links and features from billions of real-time transactions within our customer network and the globally sourced data of our graph. Businesses around the world including Alipay, Stripe, Airbnb, and Microsoft leverage our solutions to approve more good transactions, reduce friction, and find fraud.
In the Corporate Counsel role you will:
- Advise on and manage a variety of transactional legal issues and provide legal guidance to internal teams, including sales, human resources, security, and engineering, on transactional matters that affect the company, with an eye towards how it impacts the company globally.
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate a wide variety of agreements, including data licensing agreements, data privacy agreements, services agreements, and NDAs.
- Manage the implementation of a company-wide contracts management system, with integrations into our customer retention management and billing and collections systems.
- Work effectively across business units and internal functions to resolve complex business and risk management issues.
- Lead outside counsel relationships as necessary.
Our ideal Corporate Counsel will have:
- JD and bar admission in at least one state
- 3-5+ years relevant experience
- Experience in an in-house and law firm environment along with interest in data privacy regulation is a plus
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence and organization, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to our internal clients
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, including customer acquisition and retention, brand risk, and product development timelines
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring
Unwavering in our pursuit of standardizing global identity data, we are approachable, real people that genuinely care about the success of those we partner with. With a commitment to service, innovation, and ownership, Ekata is a dynamic place to work for folks who want to make impact on a global scale. We provide learning & development opportunities for each employee and promote work-life flexibility through self-managed time off. Headquartered in downtown Seattle, Ekata is growing internationally with offices in Budapest, Hungary and Amsterdam, Netherlands.
To learn more about the experience of working at Ekata, visit: https://ekata.com/careers/.
Ekata prides itself on celebrating diversity, inclusivity, and being an equal-opportunity employer.