Director of Compliance at Axon
Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of police records so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Are you a world class Compliance professional? Are you great at mitigating risk for the business while keeping a customer-first attitude? Do you have the ability to collaborate and build partnerships with multiple business units within the company? Do you have a positive attitude and a “start-up” spirit? Axon is looking for an individual with a solid background in statistical, analytical and organizational skills who can manage a team of high performers on its Compliance team!
As Director of Compliance, you will partner with cross-functional stakeholders to design . You will communicate high-level information to a wide variety of stakeholders within Axon and facilitate compliance meetings and initiatives.
- Creating and reviewing regulatory compliance documentation
- Coordinating the creation, review and implementation of policies and procedures resulting from new laws and regulations
- Applying and interpreting audit and compliance requirements for various departments
- Working closely with the Associate General Counsel and other senior executives
- Designing and coordinating the preparation and ongoing review of policies, procedures, training materials and other communication tools to ensure departments meet compliance requirements
- Coordinating regulatory exams and internal business unit audits
- Interacting with external auditors on matters related to audits of the organization’s internal controls
- Establishing self-audit and compliance monitoring programs
- Reviewing and assessing potential fraud activity and developing fraud detection tools
- Filing regulatory reports and other documentation
- Coordinating rollout and training of new or updated policies and directives when required
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 7 years compliance experience in a highly-regulated industry
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Experience in trade compliance (import/export)
- Experience in global product regulatory compliance (Worldwide Safety, Environmental, EMC, Wireless and/or Radio regulations)
- Experience managing enterprise risk management system(s)
- Experience managing high performing teams
- MBA or advanced certification in auditing and/or compliance is a plus
- Project management certification
- Experience working for a publicly-traded company
- Experience as a Compliance or Regulatory Approvals Engineer is a plus
- Competitive salary, benefits, and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.