Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
Blue Nile is looking for a passionate and talented Trade Compliance Manager who will be responsible for working with Blue Nile’s import and exports to various markets worldwide. The Trade Compliance Manager will be the leading authority in the company on international trade and will be responsible for efficiently structuring import and export transactions while ensuring compliance with US and foreign trade laws and regulations.
- Oversee global logistics, trade compliance strategy and policy including domestic and international brokerage and forwarding, and transportation services.
- Manage import, export, USMCA, other free trade agreements and foreign to foreign trade compliance oversight.
- Implement relevant Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTS) and ECCN classifications to global product database
- Collaborate cross-functionally with other departments on compliance matters.
- Support globalization initiatives with strategic planning insight and trade compliance, including managing the compliance program to include manuals, procedures, standard work instructions, and training.
- Monitor regulatory changes and revise trade compliance policies and practices in accordance with changing rules and business needs.
- Oversee internal import / export compliance audits. Periodically review policies and procedures to assure compliance. Ensure compliance with all CBP, BIS, Census, CBSA, HMRC, MOFCOM, Revenue Ireland, EU Customs and Taxation. Dubai Customs, Australian Border Force and other applicable government agencies and their respective trade regulations
- Provide guidance for compliance with international trade-related issues, develop and present training to other Blue Nile employees and suppliers.
- Key liaison with US Customs, foreign customs administrations, and other governmental agencies, and timely respond to requests for information.
- Lead and continue to develop duty drawback program for US, Canada, and Australia
- 7+ years’ experience in trade compliance, direct experience with import/exports at a retail company preferred.
- Experience with foreign trade compliance regulations including but not limited to Canada Border Services Agency, General Administration of Customs People’s Republic of China, EU Taxation and Customs Union, Dubai Customs.
- Must have in-depth knowledge and experience with Customs Regulations and Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
- Experience with implementing and executing duty drawbacks
- Advanced degree in international trade, business or law strongly preferred. Undergraduate degree in business or relevant trade related professional certification will also be considered.
- US Customs Broker License or US Customs Specialist Certification strongly preferred
- Ability to effectively present information including effective communication of business performance, project status and project changes in one-on-one and group meetings throughout the organization Strong leadership and teambuilding skills; able to work under tight deadlines to achieve goals
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office, must be a self-starter with a self-motivated mindset and the ability to work independently with guided, but minimal, supervision
- Strong problem solving skills
What we Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount