Death – though heart-wrenching – can be beautiful. Its rituals can be meaningful, and the disposition of the body can be gentle and natural.
Recompose, a green funeral company, is based in Seattle, Washington. We invented, legalized (in five US states,) and brought to market an ecological death care option called natural organic reduction (aka human composting). Recompose began offering this service to the public in December 2020 and opened a larger facility in Seattle in June 2022. We are in the planning stages for a Denver location to open in spring 2023. The Recompose model offers an authentic, participatory experience for families and a natural return to the earth for the dead.
Recompose is seeking a Marketing Manager to oversee and manage our company's marketing efforts. This position will manage Recompose’s overall brand with a strong focus on digital presence. The ideal applicant has worked in marketing for several years and has tangible experience building and/or growing a company’s brand. They are a strategic thinker who can roll up their sleeves and do the work, too. This person should be passionate about helping Recompose create a radical new death care paradigm and about helping to heal the environment through this work. The Marketing Manager will report to the Director of Client Experience.
Website, SEO & Paid Advertising
- Update the website as needed with job descriptions, staff bios, obituaries, history, press, FAQs, etc.
- Perform regular content audits of the website to ensure all product and services information is accurate, up-to-date, and optimized for search engines.
- Set up landing pages and educational articles to support company-wide marketing and outreach efforts.
- Develop SEO strategy
- Manage online advertising budget across multiple channels including SEM, display, and paid social.
- Maintain listings on search directories.
Content Strategy & Branding
- Work with the CEO to develop a comprehensive style and brand guide for the company. Educate staff on branding and messaging to ensure all outgoing communication is cohesive and consistent with the Recompose brand.
- Develop and maintain a content calendar.
- Adhere to and refine our voice and tone to drive ever more engaging content, writing that is clear, consistent, and authentic.
- Plan, write, edit, test, simplify, launch digital content for company, products, and services.
- Coordinate email marketing.
- Develop blog topics and write blog content or delegate blog writing to other team members or contractors.
Graphic and Content Design
- Offer graphic design support to the CEO and client services team.
- Create templates for staff to use to ensure a more consistent brand (slide decks, webinar/workshop content, social posts, etc.)
- Organize and maintain a library/database of photos, graphics, messaging, and other digital content.
- Manage vendor relationships to ensure the production of high quality swag and print assets.
- Build on the success of existing social presence. Assess target audiences and industry landscape to develop a social media plan effectively drives awareness, education, and consideration of Recompose and human composting.
- Report key metrics across all channels to inform and drive content and platform decisions.
- Support the CEO in expanding her social reach and amplifying her personal brand.
- Stay on top of new social platforms and tools. Evaluate and recommend new platforms for Recompose to increase reach and brand awareness.
- Develop and implement social media strategy. Recommend channels to prioritize. Ensure metada and accessibility part of content creation process. Post as needed.
Analysis and Strategy
- Recommend analytics tools to assess and inform decision making for outreach and communications.
- Develop and deliver monthly analytics reports with KPIs.
- Monitor competitors and identify new avenues for marketing and growth.
- Proactively stay on top of industry trends, new tools, and technologies. Evaluate and recommend new opportunities to the company for digital marketing and put into motion.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Five+ years of experience in digital marketing
- Experience with social media and PPC advertising
- Graphic design and video editing skills
- Strong analytical and market research skills
- Detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities
- Skilled at Adobe Creative Suite
WORKING CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
Flexibility will be key especially in the first few years of operations. For the first few years, as we grow to capacity and hire staff Likewise, as we develop the overall schedule, a lot of flexibility may be required. This is an exempt position.
This role will be able to work from remotely much of the time, but the candidate should be based in either the Seattle area or the Denver area.
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Generous paid time off
- Wellness and technology stipends
- Application Submission
- Please submit a brief cover letter (no more than two paragraphs) that specifically highlights your tangible, digital marketing experience (required for consideration).
- 2-3 samples of existing work (details provided once you get to this step in the process)
- 3 Interviews
- Reference Check
Recompose is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request a reasonable accommodation please contact: [email protected]