Ad Operations Specialist, Brand at Leafly
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:56 a.m. (PST) on Thursday, August 1, 2019
HELP MAKE HISTORY in one of the fastest growing industries in the world. Leafly is the most trusted brand in cannabis with the largest audience: millions of people around the world start their cannabis journey with Leafly, and it’s because we are not your typical cannabis company. Compliance, education and innovation are equal parts of Leafly’s DNA. We are shaping the global cannabis industry for the better, accessible to all, from the cannabis curious to the everyday consumer, by building the world’s destination for everyone to discover, find and buy cannabis.
If you are interested in a rapidly growing, nascent space that requires forward-thinking and continuous innovation to lead, Leafly is the place for you. A career at Leafly combines the excitement and innovation of a start-up with the support and growth opportunities of a major corporation. Leafly salaries and benefit packages are competitive, and we promise that you will never be bored: we focus relentlessly on solving challenges for our customers and having fun doing it in our collaborative work environment. If you have the skills and desire, you will be joining a global team of innovative, passionate individuals on a revolutionary mission to change the world for the better.
What We Are Looking For In This Role
Leafly is seeking an Advertising Operations Specialist, Brand. This role will manage the end-to-end digital advertising process for our brand clients and play a vital role within our growing Ad Operations team. This role will be a crucial member of the team, helping build, influence and scale Leafly’s business and the ideal candidate will be a strategic and product minded person. This position reports to the Director of Advertising Operations, North America and will be based out of our Seattle office.
Responsibilities include configuring and launching multi-faceted campaigns, validating sales submissions, trafficking creative ads, setting up call tracking and analytics technologies, and monitoring programs to make sure campaigns are running properly. Experience with audience data platforms and retargeting campaigns is an asset.
The Ad Operations Specialist is responsible for coordinating across multiple teams to ensure timely and accurate campaign launches, and support ongoing digital campaigns on behalf of our clients. This position will be on the Media team overseeing a high volume of digital advertising campaigns for cannabis and non-endemic advertisers.
This person has high standards of oneself and others, and is meticulous, friendly, passionate, curious about the world and culture, tireless, and has a galvanizing quality in team atmospheres. He or she is detail-oriented and organized, industrious, and a strategic and creative thinker who works efficiently in a very fast-paced environment that demands scrutiny and critical thinking at all times.
- Intaking sales submissions and initiating new campaign launches in Google Ad Manager (GAM)
- Coordinating across multiple teams (Sales, Program Management, Creative, Marketing, Product, Strategy) to ensure all campaign elements are provisioned prior to campaign launches
- Assisting with the day-to-day operations of the Media team (updating relevant tracking systems, maintaining systems documentation, support inquiries)
- Monitoring analytics tagging to ensure timely and accurate reporting across multiple systems
- Tracking and reporting on digital campaigns by updating reports with key performance indicators and trend analysis
- Connecting campaigns to audience data for advanced targeting capabilities
- Setting up campaign targeting criteria based on geographic location, client strategies, ad creative, keywords, and more
- Selecting ad exchanges for display campaigns and continuously monitoring and optimizing based on performance and yield
- Testing campaign setups for quality assurance and completing documentation following launches to ensure a closed-loop process
- Collaborating with Leadership and the Media team to identity areas to improve integrations, automate processes and streamline new campaign launches
- Managing accurate forecasts, media plans, and all relevant key media planning documentation
- Facilitating strong communication across cross functional teams and the agencies to ensure best-in-class campaign delivery and deployment
- Investigating and troubleshooting any issues with ad tag implementation, impression or click discrepancies, or other ad serving items
- Monitoring and optimization of advertising campaigns to ensure client’s targets are met successfully
- Developing POV on benchmarking & other KPIs optimization
- Proactively communicating project status and flag potential risks/dependencies to internal stakeholders; help manage brand team expectations, schedules, budgets, and scopes
- Analyzing and interpreting campaign results to provide insights and suggesting improvements to enhance future results, and documentation of best practices
- Other assigned duties as required
- 3-5 years of hands on experience in digital ad operations
- 3-5 years experience in digital and social media planning
- Comfort and experience with a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficient in the use of digital advertising platforms including GAM, DFP, DBM, ADX, Facebook, SalesForce & Comscore etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel (pivot tables, custom charts, dashboards, macros, etc.), Google Data suite and Tableau
- Detailed knowledge of the traditional and digital media landscape, social media, web development processes and strategies, and evolving media business models a plus
- Collaborative and works well in deadline-driven team environment; positive attitude is a must
- Strong planning, written and verbal communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively with a high-degree of accuracy
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to operate independently
- Work within a fast-paced, demanding, results-driven environment
- Experience in buy and sell side advertising and programmatic
- Passion for the digital landscape and interest in staying abreast of emerging trends
- Google AdWords, Facebook and Google Analytics Certification preferred
- Experience in monitoring and managing the health of ad delivery across a number of platforms
- Experience in developing, implementing, and tracking campaign delivery optimization strategies to increase the overall value delivered to advertisers
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills is a must; ability to juggle multiple projects taking in data from multiple sources and follow through on deliverables
- Experience in programmatic or auction based media is required
- Experience working with Product teams in testing, proving and operationalizing new market-facing ad products
- Demonstrated experience working with custom ad servers and/or distributed ad networks
- Experience working with product and data science to develop client campaign reporting workflows and process
- Organized, detail-oriented, customer-service focused and positive
- Experience with rate card management
- Familiarity with branded/custom content campaigns
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising: website, app, and email display advertising, social media, sponsorships required
- Mastery of Excel
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Post-secondary degree specialization in advertising, marketing or related program a plus
The job description is representative of typical duties and responsibilities for the position and is not all-inclusive. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned in accordance with business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. A background check will be conducted after a conditional offer of employment is extended.
Read Full Job Description