Communications Manager at Apptio
You: Apptio is seeking a highly-motivated Communications Manager to lead global corporate communications programs for the business. This person will be responsible for working cross-functionally with P&E, sales, marketing, legal and HR to develop, maintain and manage the company’s media strategy, analyst relationships, executive messaging and crisis management programs. You are an excellent storyteller with a passion for learning and searching for a long-term career which will challenge and inspire you. You are strategic about driving an informed perspective identifying news and understanding complex technology.
Us: We are an enthusiastic and dedicated communications team looking to add more firepower to our global communications and content team. We’re looking for someone who can jump in and work autonomously to help grow and expand our brand. Our team is constantly striving to improve relationships, impact, and relevance of our communications programs. We are an inclusive team that is thoughtful, efficient and strategic. The position is based in Bellevue and reports into the VP of Corporate Communications. This person also works closely with regional PR agencies and consultants across the US, Europe and Asia Pacific to help us achieve our business goals.
What we want you to do:
- Own Apptio’s global media and analyst strategy and planning
- Create an inclusive and encouraging environment for our internal team
- Manage company news and business announcements
- Be transparent with communications plans and objectives by joining weekly marketing editorial meetings and finding opportunities to work closely with other teams
- Manage local PR firms and regional freelance networks across Europe and Asia
- Support development of corporate narratives and company messaging
- Support crisis communications preparation and planning
- Collaborate closely with campaigns and product marketing to ensure the brand is well-represented in all collateral
- Serve as a strategic messaging advisor to C-level customer across all event and media promotions
- Proactively engage cross-functional stakeholders to understand business and IT trends, issues and major priorities for Apptio’s customers
- Engage customers directly and work closely with them to create engaging thought leadership content tailored to our buyers
- Partner with subject matter experts and executives to shape bylines and contributed content
- BA/BS degree or equivalent working experience
- 5-7 years of PR, marketing and/or content creation experience
- Past experience building and executing strategic communications plans
- Past experience in content creation and content marketing
- Excellent writing, storytelling and editing skills
- Strong skills with Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; Salesforce experience a plus
- A passion and strong understanding for enterprise, B2B technology
- The ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of our brand
- An analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize/scale
- A team player with a growth mindset, strong work ethic and charismatic interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills, coupled with an ability to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
- Global public relations experience a plus
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio® fuels digital business transformation. Technology leaders use Apptio's machine learning to analyze and plan their technology spend so they can invest in products that increase the speed of business and deliver innovation. With Apptio, they translate raw costs, utilization, and billing data into business-centric views that help their organization optimize spending, plan strategically, and drive digital strategy that funds growth of the business. Technology leaders can gather instant recommendations that result in 30% saving on cloud services. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.