Content Manager - Marketing at Barn2Door
Barn2Door is a Seattle-based food+tech startup that helps local farms sell direct to buyers through all digital channels, including web, social and mobile. We exist to empower Farmers who care about our planet.
We are looking for people passionate about the intersection of food, agriculture and technology. At Barn2Door, you’ll get to learn what it takes to build a startup business and participate in ongoing training and education, while also playing a critical role in our growth.
As a Content Marketing Manager you will be part of Barn2Door’s Marketing Team responsible for all communications in the customer lifecycle. You will be responsible for designing, implementing and executing all email, social, text and targeted ad marketing campaigns for the business to improve customer adoption and outcomes.
As a Content Marketer you will be responsible for educating both prospective and existing customers about our unique value proposition and new product capabilities. You will work closely with our Market Research team to capitalize on the unique lists we have developed to target and segment messaging to specific Farm products, practices and regions. We would be delighted to meet if you are creative, innovative and ready to propel your marketing career to the next level.
- Design, implement and execute our direct marketing campaigns, workflows and sequences (through HubSpot)
- Segment and tailor campaigns that are designed for a specific audiences and lifecycle stages
- Ensure that all content and engagement is mobile-friendly and aligned with brand and voice guidelines
- Continue to refine and improve our content marketing strategy by leveraging the latest marketing automation technologies to personalize all communications (and push innovation boundaries)
- Grow our subscriber base for newsletters, blogs, podcasts and ebooks (and minimize unsubscribes)
- Work with the Growth team to adjust lead-scoring appropriately based on email marketing campaigns and assets
- Analyze campaign performance and suggest improvements on an ongoing basis, reporting company-wide and in department reviews
- Confirm that all content marketing follow industry policies and best practices to comply with all laws and privacy obligations
- Collaborate with the Sales and Success team to ensure all email marketing campaigns support the needs of customers in every lifecycle stage
- A highly motivated, focused self-starter (this isn’t a theory it’s a must)
- A naturally gifted writer, copywriter and communicator
- Super well organized, always looking to excel and over-deliver (Type-A / detail-oriented is good)
- Able to methodically track progress, engagement and efficacy of your campaigns
- Enthusiastic about sustainable food, farms and restaurants
- Comfortable working in an entrepreneurial environment
- 3-5 years experience as a Digital Marketing, Email Marketing, or Content Marketing specialist (ideally in a SaaS company focused on small businesses)
- Domain experience working with marketing automation tools to deliver highly personalized content targeted to individuals (prefer experience and/or certification in HubSpot)
- Experience working on SEO/SEM/Social initiatives and working with Google Analytics and Facebook Analytics to analyze a customer’s journey
- Exemplary writing and copywriting skills
- An ability to manage multiple projects under tight deadlines (using G! Suite and Atlassian Suite (Trello) products)
- Excellent communication skills both to engage customers and deliver feedback to your peers and management
- BSc degree in Marketing or relevant field
- $60k - $84k annual salary DOE + generous stock options and benefits
- 10 days PTO, 5 days Sick Leave and 11 Paid Holidays
- 100% premium coverage for Medical, Dental, Vision and AD&D (Employee-only)
- Real experience in a high profile startup company just hitting its growth curve
- Ongoing training and professional development
- Opportunity to be a rock star - great exposure and upside
- Hip startup office environment in Fremont (on Lake Union with unobstructed views of Seattle)
We are big advocates of training and ongoing professional growth. In this position, as a Content Marketing Manager will require ongoing training and domain knowledge to effectively communicate the nuances of our solution and to target messaging and communicate our value proposition. Training will prepare you with the requisite knowledge to:
- Give you a deep understanding of the Barn2Door solution
- Answer questions regarding core product features and functions
- Provide a look into cross-team roles, responsibilities and contributions
- Showcase your work habits, attention to detail, attitude and initiative
We’re looking for driven, intelligent people who regularly go the extra mile. You should thrive on the urgency of a startup atmosphere and be results driven (always seeking to exceed expectations). You must be well-disciplined, self-motivated and hungry to achieve. If you’ve got the drive, grit, creativity, and a passion for local food, startups and disrupting the food industry - then Barn2Door may be right for you.