Content Marketing Manager
- Content Strategy: Define the Skilljar content strategy to nurture prospects along the buyer’s journey. Partner with Product Marketing to develop and update customer personas.
- Campaigns: Oversee execution of acquisition, retention, and expansion campaigns that span online and offline channels. Build and manage a campaign calendar for campaign assets such as blog posts, outbound emails, videos, and social media.
- Blog: Serve as “editor-in-chief” of the Skilljar blog, creating and curating stories that engage our target personas and add value for our readers. Set strategy for the blog to help grow followers, drive conversions, etc.
- Prospect Education: Determine the asset formats and topics that will maximize prospect audience engagement and exceed opportunity generation targets. Collaborate with product marketing and sales on sales enablement content including case studies, data-driven blog posts, and educational content about our products.
- Content Production: Manage key content projects with design, subject matter experts, and executive stakeholders to ensure that high-quality assets are developed on time and on budget. Tap into external freelancers; while working closely with a talented team of internal creative staff.
- Content Distribution: Develop distribution strategies for new and existing content, with the help of Skilljar’s Growth Marketer. Work with our SEO agency to identify content opportunities that will drive organic growth.
- Analytics: Establish closed-loop analytics with sales to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers, and continually refine our process to convert customers. Maintain an understanding of content assets and performance, conducting regular audits to ensure that Skilljar content is fresh and relevant.
- Research: Help define, research, and create core content assets, including Skilljar owned research, thought leadership, and best practice guides.
- Continued Learning: Remain up to date on the customer learning space, target verticals, and prospect personas to develop content that will engage and convert across our marketing channels.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years marketing experience creating content in a B2B setting.
- Editorial mindset that seeks to understand what audiences consume and how to create it.
- Ability to analyze and present content and social performance.
- Attention to detail, down to the last comma.
- Experience with WordPress, Google Analytics, and the top social channels.
- Understanding of SEO principles as they relate to content creation.
- Highly self-directed and comfortable in a small, unstructured environment with ambiguous and rapidly changing market feedback.
- Learning Management System or Customer Training experience a plus.
- Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, etc.) experience a plus.
- Must be able to provide several writing samples. Portfolio of multimedia capabilities a plus.
- Startup experience a major plus.
- US work authorization and criminal background check are required.