Content Marketing Specialist at DomainTools
DomainTools is looking for an exceptional Content Marketing Specialist to join the Marketing team. In the role, you will execute on the communication strategy by driving the PR, social media and thought leadership programs. You will work closely with others on the Marketing and Product teams to design programs that promote DomainTools’ position in the market, create demand for our solutions, and build brand awareness in our target audiences.
Unlike a content position at a large company that may have you focused on just PR, social media or content creation, this is not a siloed position. You will be the communications expert on a small, but growing, marketing team that moves quickly and shares broad responsibility. We are looking for that unique individual that can understand a winning strategy and execute with world-class excellence. The ideal candidate has the ability to learn from feedback and produce in a fast-paced environment. Additionally, we are looking for a candidate with a passion for writing, strong detail-orientation, and an affinity for grammar.
- Develop, write, and edit copy including marketing emails, website content, promotional materials, blog posts, social media posts, and more.
- Work with others, internally and externally, to source content. Ensure high quality and compelling content and copy throughout all channels.
- Execute on Social Media strategy and programs.
- Work with the marketing team to create the Thought Leadership plan and key components, and drive through internal and external vendor project management.
- Be a creative force. Create and develop compelling graphics, leveraging 3rd party teams to design.
- Partner with the broader team on refining and improving the messaging and positioning framework.
- Execute on email communications to customers and prospects.
- Analyze the performance of PR, Social Media, content and all efforts and report to the team on a regular basis.
- Assist in other marketing team projects and activities as needed in this start-up environment.
- Work within the marketing team to deliver the company communications & PR, including key programs, goals and metrics.
- Drive the PR and Influencer strategy to increase awareness and strengthen DomainTools’ position within the Security Technology market.
Key Applicant Qualifications
- Minimum 3-5 years of B2B enterprise marketing experience.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills and organization.
- Proficiency with HTML, Adobe Creative Suite, MS Office (particularly Word and PowerPoint), and Sprout Social.
- Experience with marketing automation tools (particularly Marketo) would be a plus.
- Experience in the network/cyber security industry would be a plus.
- Fast learner, adept at understanding and articulating new technologies and corresponding value propositions.
- Ability to multitask and manage multiple priorities effectively, collaborate internally to get things done and be accountable for your decisions.
- Positive can-do attitude and tireless work ethic. Driven and self-sufficient and able to thrive and adapt to change in a very fast paced environment.
- Passionate about technology and the startup culture with broad responsibilities, crazy busy, lots of uncertainty, lots of responsibility and lots of fun.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field.
DomainTools is the leader in domain name, DNS and Internet OSINT-based cyber threat intelligence and cybercrime forensics products and data. With over 15 years of domain name, DNS and related ‘cyber fingerprint’ data across the Internet, DomainTools helps companies assess security threat risks, profile attackers, investigate online fraud and crimes, and map cyber activity in order to stop attacks. Our customers include many Fortune 500 companies, including leaders in Internet technology, banking, consumer products, manufacturing and government.
We are located in Belltown (downtown Seattle) in a very cool office staffed with smart and energetic co-workers. We provide great benefits such as fully paid premiums on medical plans for employees, pet insurance, flexible PTO, and flexible scheduling to name a few.
DomainTools embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion to its fullest as an equal opportunity employer. We build our teams so creativity and innovation can flourish. We believe inclusivity and equity fosters innovation and growth; and we harness this mindset to drive a culture that serves our employees and our customers. We encourage people of all backgrounds, ages, perspectives, and skill sets to apply; and do not discriminate based on age, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.