Yesler's Content Strategist focuses on delivering tangible business results for our clients through content marketing plans. You'll be responsible for aligning the development of content across the customer lifecycle and all relevant channels: blog, web, events, direct mail, paid media, and social media. Working with Yesler clients, you'll plan highly creative content programs that yield engagement and drive tangible business results such as revenue, retention, and customer satisfaction.
You may also be responsible for crafting the integrated Go to Market execution plans including messaging frameworks for the client's buyer personas across the new buyer and customer journeys.
This is not an editing job. It requires you to develop innovative content plans starting only with high level business objectives. You want to be a CMO one day and are a true content strategist now.
- Research B2B content marketing and tech news/trends and be prepared to apply that knowledge across all client engagements.
- Produce content audits and gap analyses.
- Provide feedback to all contributors to ensure that content aligns to strategy and quality standards.
- Articulate content strategies that drive MQLs, SALs, SQLs and opportunities.
- Lead meetings and workshops with senior leadership and our clients, ensuring cross functional alignment on strategies.
- Start with a data mindset to ensure we can demonstrate return on investment for all marketing efforts.
- Collaborate with clients and internal teams to develop integrated plans addressing ABM, lead and demand generation campaigns, messaging and positioning frameworks, buyer personas, and buyer journey maps.
- Play a key coordinating role in the development, presentation, and implementation of cross-channel marketing strategies that translate business and marketing goals.
- Work with channel delivery teams (paid media, email marketing, social, etc.) developing consensus on how to reach target audiences for content amplification/native and ensure content is optimized for search engines, sharing, and distribution across channels.
- Work with Yesler MarTech consultants to ensure the delivery of a holistic plan that maximizes efficiencies.
- 4-year degree required
- 5+ years of B2B content strategy development experience across all content types (blog, video, direct mail, web, sales and marketing collateral, etc.). 2+ years owning the content strategy development and execution processes.
- 2+ years of integrated marketing planning experience.
- Agency experience working with B2B tech clients strongly preferred
- Proven experience with content distribution and amplification, including a deep understanding of email, social, and paid media
- Experience gathering qualitative and quantitative data and applying it to drive effective decision making in the content planning process.
- Mastery of marketing fundamentals including segmentation, positioning, and market analysis.
- Experience in complicated go-to-market execution focused on marketing but integrated with sales, customer support, and other related areas
- General understanding of how to effectively apply martech across the customer lifecycle.
- Proven experience working with creative teams.
- Strong alignment with Yesler values.
Yesler is a B2B marketing agency that blends strategy, creativity, and technology to build demand, engage customers, and grow revenue. From offices in Seattle, Portland, Philadelphia, and Toronto, we're a team of more than 200 strategists, designers, technologists, media experts, and analysts who are on a mission to change the marketing status quo. We take an integrated approach to serving the entire marketing organization-not only the strategies, content, and programs to create demand but also the infrastructure, operations, and project management required to execute, measure, and optimize for results.
Yesler has been recognized as a great place to work, and the awards keep rolling in. We've earned more than 19 Best Workplace Awards over the last decade, placement on the Inc. Magazine list of America's Fastest Growing Companies for five years in a row, and we were named one of the Top 50 B2B Marketing Agencies by Chief Marketer in 2016 and 2017.
Our mission is to positively impact the people we work with, the people we work for, and the communities we live in. We support our mission by providing an inclusive environment where all are empowered to share their diverse perspectives and experiences, so we can ultimately be better together.
Our policies, practices, programs, activities and decisions regarding employment, hiring, assignment, promotion, compensation, volunteerism, and internships are not based on a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, mental or physical disability, ancestry, military discharge status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, source of income, parental status, housing status, or other protected status. We strongly encourage women, people of color, veterans, individuals with disabilities, and members of the LGBTQ community to apply.
Visit yesler.com to learn more, or follow us on Twitter @yeslerb2b.com