Director, Demand Generation at Skilljar
Skilljar is seeking a Director of Demand Generation to spearhead our growth marketing efforts. We are looking for a creative, customer-centric marketer with a successful track record in B2B Marketing for software technology products. The Director, Demand Generation is an experienced marketer who enjoys the process of conceiving, developing, and executing targeted campaigns to drive prospect engagement and pipeline generation. This is a great opportunity to get in early at a rapidly growing startup and build a team of growth marketers focused on creating a new category of software solutions.
In this role, you'll be working closely with our content creators and product marketers to conceive, plan, and execute omnichannel marketing campaigns. You will also partner with our sales team to deliver pipeline and revenue against a target CAC by channel and segment. This role reports to the Vice President of Marketing.Responsibilities
- Build a team of growth and integrated marketers that drive pipeline generation across channels and teams.
- Work closely with the Sales team to understand their priorities and enable them to meet their objectives with focused lead gen activities.
- Conceive, build, and execute Marketing campaigns incorporating direct mail, events, and digital channels.
- Events: Own the strategy, development, and execution of events programs that help acquire new customers, retain and grow existing customers, and deliver growth across key customer segments.
- Own digital events program (i.e. webinars) including webinar platform management and promotion strategy.
- Work in tandem with sales and sales development reps after each event to make sure opportunities are created and the pipeline is tracked correctly.
- Drive program efficiencies, optimize across the team and push boundaries on new approaches (scale).
- Develop project plans and work closely with other members of the marketing team, sales teams, and CSMs to plan and execute campaigns.
- Own pipeline generation and acceleration focused multi-channel campaigns, as well as reporting and KPIs for each assigned campaign.
- Forecast, track, and report event program effectiveness as well as overall ROI to internal stakeholders. Plus, continually monitor, analyze and tune events campaigns to maximize conversion.
- Forecast, analyze, and evaluate the effectiveness of all demand generation and awareness activities; report on program activities on a monthly and quarterly basis, including cost per opportunity, trends, conversion to opportunity rates, contribution to the sales pipeline, ROI, etc.
- 7-10 years of experience in defining multi-channel marketing strategies and execution plans aligned to B2B products and verticals.
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships with stakeholders in Sales and Account Development.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to shift roles seamlessly between contributing strategically and leading day-to-day tactical execution. Experience leading projects from conception to delivery.
- An entrepreneurial mindset about creating an engine that will drive step-function growth for the company.