Director, Platform Partnerships
Sprout Social is looking for a Director of Platform Partnerships to help create a lively, innovative, value-driving partner ecosystem true to our values. Working alongside the VP of Global Partnerships, this role is responsible for managing and growing our existing social network platform and technology partner relationships.
Sprout Social is used by over 24,000 brands worldwide including Evernote, adidas, West Elm and Edelman. These businesses rely on Sprout to create stronger relationships with their customers through social media. This role will ensure we can continue to deliver innovative products to our customers and elevate our brand value around the world.
As Director of Platform Partnerships, you will work closely with internal product, sales and marketing teams to identify partner opportunities for given market segments, product initiatives and customer profiles. You know how to build strategic plans and set goals, objectives and tactical programs in support of these areas, and measure and merchandise success of your efforts
You will also help cultivate and manage relationships with our social network partners as well as integration and technology partners. You have a proven track record of forging and fostering new relationships at external organizations and with like minded companies. You’re comfortable supporting everything from day to day management to sourcing and even contract and engagement negotiations. Previous experience managing relationships with social networks or other technology companies is preferred.
We pride ourselves on exceptional people and relationships and this role is about the ability to orchestrate, support and navigate multiple relationships and partnerships with skill and aplomb. Whereas at other companies partnerships may be transactional and solely revenue-driven, the partnerships at Sprout are mission critical.
Within 1 month, you will...
- Complete Sprout’s New Hire training program alongside other new Sprout team members.
- Understand internal organization, product and how platform and technology partners fit.
- Develop initial relationships with internal and external contacts.
- Learn about existing partner projects.
- Set regular meetings with internal stakeholders across product, sales, marketing.
- Take on management of metrics and measurement of partner activities.
Within 3 months, you will...
- Begin to create new and manage existing partner projects with networks as needed.
- Assist with contact identification within partner organizations, relationship growth and maintenance.
- Create partner communications and materials detailing Sprout positioning and opportunities for engagement.
- Research and develop internal SOPs for partner assessment protocols.
- Research and identify possible partnerships and integrations, discovery calls, etc.
- Define and set metric and measurements against long-term partner objectives and goals.
Within 6 months, you will...
- Drive product innovation and development with internal teams and among partners.
- Manage day to day partner relations for select partnerships.
- Update, distribute and manage partner surveys and feedback initiatives.
- Continually identify opportunities and help activate co-marketing and sales enablement initiatives with platform and technology partners.
- Optimize and coordinate alpha/beta participations with platform partners and product and customer marketing teams on an ongoing basis.
- Explore, support and grow global partner opportunities in other key markets.
Within 12 months, you will...
- All of the above in ongoing, optimized fashion to further strengthen our relationships, advance our marketplace value and drive revenue and retention.
- Successfully implemented and optimized partner frameworks and communications within the Sprout organization.
Of course what is outlined above is the ideal timeline, but things may shift based on business needs and other projects and tasks could be added at the discretion of your manager.
About Sprout Social
Sprout Social powers open communication between individuals, brands and communities through elegant, sophisticated software. We are relentless about solving hard problems for our customers and committed to both customer and team success.
Team Sprout is a group of very talented, smart and passionate people with broad interests and backgrounds. We’re proud to regularly be recognized for software, product and company culture achievements. Our team’s shared belief in Sprout’s mission promotes a culture of openness, empowerment and fun. We have built a benefits program to match the strength of our team. This program includes:
- Insurance and benefit options that are built for both individuals and families, including generous company contributions
- Progressive benefit programs, like our parental leave program
- High-quality and well-maintained equipment - your computer will never prevent you from doing your best
- Beautiful, convenient and state-of-the-art offices in Chicago and Seattle
- Solid programs in some of the staples: transportation, disability and life insurance
- Wellness initiatives to ensure both health and financial well-being of our team
- Breakfast and lunch options onsite, and more healthy snack options and beverages than you can imagine
- Growing corporate social responsibility program that is driven by the involvement and passion of our team members
Sprout Social is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and an Affirmative Action Employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, marital status, order of protection status, citizenship status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here (1) Equal Opportunity Employment Poster (2) Sprout Social's Affirmative Action Statement (3) Pay Transparency Statement.
Additionally, Sprout Social participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. We value the things that make us different and want to see how you can make our team better!