At Remitly, we help people around the world send over $6 billion around the globe inspired by our mission to accomplish our promise to immigrants to send money across the world. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. We want to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Passbook team is a startup within Remitly, and we think combines the best parts of working in a startup with the best parts of working in a later stage technology company.
Passbook is banking designed for immigrants. It’s easy to open an account with documents immigrants already have, built for travel back home and abroad, has no monthly fees, and makes remittances faster and cheaper than ever. Our mission is to create the most loved and trusted banking partner to immigrants globally. And we’re just getting started.
As the Director of Product Marketing, you will lead growth and be responsible for positioning, messaging, competitive differentiation, and go-to-market strategies for Passbook. You will be connected at the hip with Product and Design to drive integrated growth strategies, not simply top of funnel optimization.
You will be passionate about being close to the customer and dedicated to continuously improving methods and skills. You are skillful across early-stage foundational research and iteration as well as landing the right messaging across the team as we scale. You can lead competitive analysis and segmentation.
You get obsessed with the product and understand how to communicate its value to customers and connect customers to that value quickly and frequently.
You love the craft of building positioning and messaging and teaching others to do the same. Engaging, crisp messages and visuals are natural and come easily to you. You have learned not to hold your creative ideas too tightly. And you equip other teams to build product that radiates consistent positioning.
You’ll report to the VP of Passbook.
- Experience marketing products directly to consumers (and a portfolio of fantastic work)
- Impeccable writing
- Experience conducting customer development research qualitatively, including interviews and survey writing
- Experience conducting customer development research quantitatively, analyzing data to inform product marketing, strategy, and product experience. Experience leading data-informed, customer-centric decisions.
- Experience delivering through formal ownership and through influence, in a team environment changing rapidly as the business scales
- Strength in distilling broad needs into crisp value propositions and positioning statements
- A hunger to always build a better customer experience
- A history of making decisions in a way that is consistent with our cultural values
- Love of art, branding, and design
- 5+ years of experience in consumer product marketing
- Experience in fintech
- Experience with performance marketing
- Visual design
- Experience working in regulated industries
- Fluency in another language, especially Spanish
- Experience localizing product experiences for customers in or from any of the 50+ countries Remitly sends to
- An extraordinary team with a manager who will invest in your career
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, and vision benefits + 401k plan with company matching
- Company contributions to your HSA or FSA plan, if you choose one
- Continuing education and corridor travel benefits
- Opportunity to support students through the Remitly Scholars Program
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Equal employment opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle at Remitly. We are committed to nondiscrimination across our global organization and in all of our business operations. Employment is determined based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, religion, sex, gender identification and expression, marital status, military status or status as an honorably discharge/veteran, pregnancy (including a woman’s potential to get pregnant, pregnancy-related conditions, and childbearing), sexual orientation, age (40 and over), national origin, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, physical, mental, or sensory disability (including the use of a trained dog guide or service animal), HIV/AIDS or hepatitis C status, genetic information, status as an actual or perceived victim of domestic violence, sexual assault, or stalking, or any other protected class as established by law.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer.