Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in downtown Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our office in Spokane, Washington, and our European offices in Berlin, London, and Barcelona. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of World's Most Innovative Companies in 2016 by Fast Company. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we are looking for:
Within the greater Rover umbrella, the On-demand organization is a fast-paced, high-growth team that is designing and building a new way for owners to find trusted walkers. This role will focus on acquiring a high-quality base of dog walkers in the biggest cities in the US. You will work with our product and Rover’s broader sitter marketing teams to increase interest in on-demand walking within our existing sitter base. In addition, you’ll manage a budget and work to optimize our current digital channels and test new sources, reporting out on costs and funnel conversion metrics. You’ll figure out what an on-the-ground acquisition strategy should look like, and how to scale it. We’re looking for a scrappy and creative executer that can manage number of tests while setting the stage for scaled processes. This role will have one direct report.
You will be working cross-functionally with our product organization and brand studio. As such, you will need to regularly align stakeholders from other departments on strategy, create forums for cross-functional accountability, and deliver results that can be felt across the entire business.
- Hit walker acquisition targets at a national, city, and neighborhood level, within the constraints of a dedicated marketing budget
- Own all on-demand walker acquisition across owned, paid, and earned media channels
- Source, test, track, and make strategic recommendations for new channels
- Build a framework for testing and innovation to drive faster and more efficient acquisition
- Partner with Rover’s core supply organization to make sure we are balancing the needs of all providers on the platform
- Articulate your desired path forward on difficult decisions: understand and weigh potential trade offs and then commit to and execute the agreed upon path forward
- 4+ years of acquisition & marketing or operations experience
- Online marketplace experience strongly preferred
- Experience developing, owning and driving KPIs throughout the customer lifecycle
- Experience owning and scaling customer acquisition across a variety of channels, including owned media (email, apps), paid media ads (mobile, web, video, SEM, affiliate), and earned media (SEO, virality)
- Experience partnering with diverse cross-functional teams to deliver critical business outcomes
- Experience managing direct reports
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision making skills. Excel proficiency is required, SQL is preferred
- BA/BS degree
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year