Avalara is a fast-growing company providing a suite of sales tax SaaS solutions for thousands of businesses worldwide. Our Sales & Marketing team is seeking a skilled reporting analyst to design, build and maintain dashboards, reports, and to perform custom analysis, delivering insights that help identify opportunities for accelerating growth and improving efficiency. You’ll take an active role in empowering the sales and marketing team members and leadership with information-rich reports and dashboards, using the latest visualization tools to consolidate and interpret data from multiple data sources and teams.
- Collaborate and build credibility with internal business teams, working to understand their data needs and to document and validate requirements within an established framework.
- Create automated reports and dashboards that allow business owners greater ability to optimize performance of key programs and initiatives, helping to develop new KPIs and supporting metrics as necessary.
- Prepare presentations that summarize key findings tailored to specific audiences within Sales & Marketing and develop recommendations for implementation and next steps.
- Manage and prioritize projects of varying size and complexity with a focus on both efficiency and quality.
- Identify data quality and collection issues and partner with various operational departments to resolve gaps in processes and governance policies.
- Work with data engineer and other technical resources to develop and certify new data sources that facilitate centralized, self-serve reporting.
- 3-5 years of experience synthesizing complex data sets into simple, actionable insights and recommendations
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytic skills
- Understanding of sales and marketing channels/tactics
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, specifically the ability to translate non-technical stakeholder requirements into effective and actionable visualizations and reports
- Ability to self-direct in seeking information and learning new skills/tools and to manage own projects and deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Rigorous attention to detail and drive for continuous improvement
- Proficiency with Tableau required. SQL skills and familiarity with Salesforce preferred.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, e-commerce, and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.