Marketing Automation Manager
Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
As a Marketing Automation Manager, you will design, build, execute and report on digital engagement campaigns that generate new qualified leads, optimize customer onboarding, drive use of our software, advance user knowledge of best practices, measure and increase customer satisfaction and achieve other engagement objectives. You will partner closely with the Product Marketing, Customer Success, Sales Ops, and Inbound-SDR teams to maintain a successful integration between sales and marketing tools and execute a consistent stream of engagement campaigns using our automation solutions, primarily Marketo. This role will build marketing assets, design strategic engagement campaigns, execute campaigns and report on results. The position requires marketing automation experience managing marketing automation tool integrations with Salesforce.com, websites, in-app marketing tools as well as other partner applications.
What's the job really?
- Design, build and manage automated digital engagement campaigns for new and existing customers that engage, nurture, onboard, retain, upsell and build advocacy.
- Function as admin and power user for key digital engagement tools such as Marketo, Sigstr (email signature marketing tool).
- Partner closely with the Customer Success team and other marketing stakeholders to support a comprehensive post-sale customer engagement strategy that delivers personalized messaging, educational tutorials, how-to content, links to external content and other assets throughout the customer lifecycle.
- Drive the development (in partnership with content marketing and creative services) of creative assets used in automated campaigns.
- Develop and manage a continual A/B testing process for optimizing messaging and creative assets.
- Ensure all digital engagement assets and campaigns meet relevant message compliance rules.
- Conduct campaign analytics, reporting and recommendations for optimization
- Maintain and refine sales lead scoring mechanism.
- Perform data cleansing and manage the user segmentation model leveraged by our tools.
What you bring to the table:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in marketing automation, experience executing campaigns using a marketing automation platform or enterprise-class email marketing system-preferably in a B2B environment
- Salesforce and Marketo expertise required. Marketo and Salesforce certification highly valued. Skill set with additional marketing automation solutions (Pendo, Sigstr, Drift, etc.)
- Advanced user knowledge of marketing automation and digital communication best practices, including campaign design, execution, and measurement.
- Strong knowledge of implementing and managing marketing strategies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience creating multi-channel digital engagement campaigns and executing A/B tests
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Proficient in list management
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, perform in a fast-paced environment, and maintain a high level of detail and accuracy
- Ability to leverage analytics and insights to drive email/landing page improvements
- Problem-solving skills
- Ability to work within a team and foster teamwork
- Ability to work independently on projects with little supervision
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS a plus
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.