Marketing Manager, Channel & Solutions at Smartsheet
We are seeking an experienced Channel/Product (solutions) Marketing Manager who can accelerate the growth of Smartsheet's indirect reseller network by owning specific elements of our channel and solutions Go-To-Market strategy. This includes messaging & positioning, partner/industry solution development, content production, partner campaign planning & execution, and channel sales enablement.
This role is crucial for the management and development of Partnerships which are uniquely positioned to help drive our Channel and Strategic Business Development. There is an increasing focus on being opportunistic and driving engagement with customers and partners via our indirect reseller network as well as our current and future technology partners.
This position reports to our Director of Solutions, PMM and is located at our headquarters in Bellevue, WA.
- Channel Marketing Worldwide - Ideate, innovate and execute marketing programs for the worldwide channel partners. Channel marketing activities include primary and secondary market research, gathering and executing on partner/channel marketing feedback, developing effective market awareness, thought leadership and partner demand generation programs. The marketing manager will actively participate in Business Development and Channel Strategy, go-to-market planning, development, execution, and monitoring.
- Messaging & Positioning - Collaborate with partner, sales, marketing, customer success and product teams to build solution-specific messaging with partner-specific value propositions and messaging tools. Examples of these tools include pitch decks, videos, partner customer success stories, white papers, presentations, demos, and partner ROI calculators.
- Industry Solution Design - Partner with Smartsheet’s Solutions Pillar team, Professional Services and Customer Success Teams to assist in developing a partner solution (accelerator) kit which is designed to enable channel partners to leverage their specific subject matter expertise in building “monetizable” templates, template sets, solution packs and accelerators based on the Smartsheet work execution platform.
- Content Production - Partner with marketing brand, design, demand generation teams to deliver partner content leveraging design, content, web, and marketing automation team resources.
- Channel Marketing Campaign Planning & Execution - Build and execute targeted campaigns to create demand for Smartsheet partner’s solution portfolio.
- Deal Engagement - Coordinate programs that leverage partners with the Smartsheet sales team to identify and execute on beachhead opportunities for the Smartsheet solutions.
- Partner Sales Enablement - Enable partner sales teams to deliver a value proposition, effectively deliver messaging and use marketing tools to underscore the partner’s industry solution value.
- Demonstrated channel marketing success; Minimum of 4 years’ experience in producing and deploying content, preferably with specific enterprise SaaS solutions in a channel marketing capacity.
- Proven success with developing and deploying enterprise channel marketing content while executing with pace and precision.
- Proven ability to work effectively across marketing and sales organizations.
- Passion for working with emerging cloud technologies
- Excellent communication (written and verbal), interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience working in a fast-paced, high growth software company where change is constant
- Strong analytical skills and demonstrated experience conducting actionable competitive analysis.
- Self-starter, ability to lead innovative, entrepreneurial efforts and drive for excellence.
- Ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and execute detailed action plans.
- Able to function independently, as well as collaboratively with Smartsheet team members
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Over 75,000 brands, and millions of information workers, trust Smartsheet to help them accelerate business execution and address the volume and velocity of today’s collaborative work. Smartsheet is used by over 50% of the Fortune 500 and maintains rich data integrations with mission-critical applications from Microsoft, Google, Salesforce, Atlassian, and many others.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.