Marketing Specialist, New Business Lines at Rover
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:12 p.m. (PST) on Monday, October 14, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We’re hiring a dynamic Business Development Specialist to join our team to support the launch of new business lines. Our team charter is to identify new business opportunities within the pet space, perform market research, launch and iterate on pilot programs, and then scale those programs into mature business units. We are a tight team of operators, marketers, and engineers who move quickly to bring new ideas from zero to one. Simply put: we build startups within a startup.
As a Business Development Specialist on our team, you will be on the front lines of the supply experience as we bring new service lines to life. This includes (but is by no means limited to) independently managing supplier contacts and questions throughout the funnel, acquiring and onboarding new suppliers, making the decision whether or not to bring suppliers onto the platform, and developing processes and programs to optimize the supply experience. In areas where no processes exist, you will build, refine, and optimize them. In areas where some processes exist, you will work creatively within them to meet the unique needs of a new set of suppliers and an early stage business. As such, the ideal candidate will thrive in a scrappy, entrepreneurial environment, and execute strong judgement in a world without playbooks where they are comfortable wearing many hats.
- Demonstrate autonomous ownership, outstanding attention to detail, follow-through, and the ability to make judgment calls on prospective suppliers
- Pitch prospective suppliers on the value of the Rover platform, adjusting to feedback and questions that come up
- Create and constantly improve upon an exceptional, personalized onboarding experience for providers on the platform
- Identify areas to improve the customer experience and streamline our supply processes
- Relentless focus on customer experience, customer retention and overall customer satisfaction
- 2+ year(s) experience in marketing, business development, account management or operations
- Prior startup experience strongly preferred
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience with Zendesk, TalkDesk, or similar tools preferred
- Demonstrated experience in independently finding opportunities to improve business processes, and then creatively implementing solutions
Benefits of Working at Rover.com:
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year (Seattle only - for now!)
Rover is an equal opportunity employer committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive and inventive environment with the best employees. We’re driven by seeing our people succeed and grow, and we work to ensure everyone contributes to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, protected veteran status, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Read Full Job Description