At PitchBook we work to provide global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. We credit our success and rapid growth to our cutting-edge products, customer centered attitude and ability to embrace and drive change.
In just over a decade, PitchBook has reached over 1,300 global employees with offices worldwide, and we're not slowing down! Consistently recognized as a Best Place to Work, our culture is at the heart of our success and is driven by excellence, inclusion, and fun. At PitchBook we're committed to fostering an open and collaborative work environment.
About the Role:
PitchBook Data is looking for a Product Marketing Manager to create the go-to-market strategy and develop subject matter expertise for our industry segments and associated product theme(s). This individual will help drive compelling content and partner with Sales and Product as an industry expert to help drive growth. Role will be focused on sales enablement and product launch support. Impact measured from the role will include increasing scheduled demo to close conversion rates, reducing time to close.
This role will be working closely with sales and customer success to arm teams with product and use case knowledge, competitive insights, sales materials, and materials to aid customers in gaining internal consensus. They need to be data driven, understand and have extensive experience supporting sales teams, partnering with product organizations, comfortable working with/interviewing customers, and leading teams to develop strong content.
The Marketing team at PitchBook is critical to fueling the company's growth by utilizing a variety of strategies to support our Sales and Customer Success departments grow and retain our client base. The Marketing department is responsible for all demand generation efforts by executing engaging campaigns, effective product marketing strategies, and attending client and trade-show events. The Marketing team is also responsible for promoting the PitchBook brand and managing internal communications.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Serve as a thought leader and vertical market expert in assigned vertical/industry and associated product theme
- Set the strategy for assigned vertical/industry, including micro-verticals inside the vertical to target and overall go-to-market strategy
- Product positioning - articulate the value proposition, key business benefits, identify target audience and launch prospects
- Product launch – Plan the end to end launch of new products and releases and manage the cross-functional implementation of the go-to-market plan
- Messaging - Develop product messaging that differentiates the products in the market and resonates with various segments
- Sales enablement – Communicate the value proposition of the products to the sales organization and develop the sales tools that support the selling process, help remove barriers, and create customer advocates
- Collateral – Develop the necessary materials to support the effective marketing of our products (product presentations, product demos and videos, whitepapers, thought leadership pieces, data sheets, objection handling, etc.)
- Data insights and analytic skills-you must be able to understand the role digital marketing plays in product awareness and lead generation for your segments- you'll be partnering closely with Demand Generation teams to convert interested customer
- Develop effective measurement of product launch and release and go-to-market efforts in order to more closely partner with the Product organization on adoption, as well as advise campaign managers on execution
- Must be curious and comfortable picking up the phone to interview customers
- Support the vision and values of the company through role modeling and encouraging desired behaviors
- Participate in various company initiatives and projects as requested
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required
- 5 years of product marketing experience in a relevant B2B market
- Demonstrated success in launching new products to market in a B2B environment, working in close partnership with the sales organization and our customers to understand pain points, objections and opportunities
- Must be a curious marketer who's not afraid to pick up the phone and talk to our customers, learn their business, pain points, and create the bridge that clearly shows them how we can help better than any other provider
- Strong communicator with talent to make complex messages compelling
- Proven writing skills
- Great sense for aesthetics and design
- Detailed oriented and sets high threshold for quality
- Self-motivated with drive and determination to succeed
- Team player – prepared to do what it takes to meet the goals of the team
- Advanced presentation skills
- Proficiency with the MS Office suite including in-depth knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel with the ability to pick up new systems and software easily
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.