Public Relations Manager at Avalara
The Public Relations Manager will play a key role within the marketing department, developing brand awareness and helping to secure local, vertical and national press for Avalara.
The PR Manager will report to the senior director of corporate communications. We are looking for a PR manager to coordinate and execute PR activities, including speaking, awards and media outreach. What makes PR at Avalara so interesting is that our work sits at the intersection of global trends – the crashing together of government policy and advanced technology. We have a pulse of global economics in our data and the ability to tell interesting stories about trends to help small and big businesses, alike. We’re looking for someone who is interested
- PR is a cross-functional role – you need to work with all our marketing teams, sales, business development, engineering, HR, and executive teams to tell the best Avalara stories at the right time.
- Own local, national, and support trade/ vertical media pitching.
- Manage a coordinated PR calendar. Publish it widely and seek input from across the organization.
- Seek out the best Avalara stories within our teams
- Lead internal operations for global agency reporting (e.g., KPIs, media tracking, etc.)
- Develop relationships with key influencers and journalists in these industries
- Management of company, executive, and industry award programs
- Management of press release drafting/editing and review process
- PR coordination with North American events marketing teams for speaking opportunities
- 5-8 years of experience in PR and media relations
- Agency experience working for B2C and B2B high tech clients is a plus
- Previous experience pitching to print, broadcast and digital media
- Experience landing top media placements at a national and regional level
- Must be an articulate and persuasive communicator with outstanding writing skills
- Executive presence, high level of professionalism, confidentiality and judgment
- Existing relationships with tech, business and trade press a plus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.