Public Relations Manager
Convoy, one of the fastest growing startups in the U.S., is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Convoy offers the world's largest companies the best option for moving their freight through its network of thousands of technology-connected trucking companies. Shippers get instant quotes, real-time GPS tracking on all shipments, and actionable business analytics to improve their supply chain. Trucking companies get access to free tools and resources that allow them to find loads they want, drive fuller trucks, and get paid quickly. Convoy is growing quickly and hiring in every area. Come join a company that is literally moving the world forward!
Founded in 2015, Convoy is backed by this century's leading disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others.
Who we are looking for:
As PR Manager, you will help drive greater coverage for Convoy. To achieve your objectives, you will be a key stakeholder across the marketing and product teams. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a pioneer at the early stages of an exciting startup company!
Corporate Public Relations Responsibilities:
- Review and analyze Convoy’s press coverage on both qualitative and quantitative basis;
- Uncover coverage opportunities for Convoy’s broader company story;
- Collaborate with PR Lead on major company and product announcements;
- Develop longer-lead media opportunities and custom pitches for Convoy;
- Arrange and staff interviews;
- Assess and respond to incoming press inquiries;
- Update Media Databases;
- Collaborate with marketing and PR leads on media positioning and support materials, including company media kit, fact sheets, videos and others as needed;
- Awards: Identify and submit entries for relevant awards;
- Establish regularly updated database of clients and carriers as press contact points;
- Provide crisis communication support, as needed.
Manage Media Relations for Convoy’s Lead Economist:
- Strategic planning, including media cadence and announcement plans + positioning to establish Convoy and its lead economist as go-to sources for industry and national media with interest in trucking and logistics industries;
- Develop media pitches and follow up strategies to generate positive coverage;
- Identify and execute proactive media opportunities;
- Help Economist finalize authored articles and targeted pitches to Tier One and other targets;
- Arrange and staff interviews;
- Collaborate with Convoy’s social media and product marketing teams to amplify resulting coverage here and for Convoy’s broader stories.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 4-6 years experience;
- Strong written and verbal communication skills;
- Track record of results tied to media relations;
- Ability to manage multiple priorities simultaneously;
- Technology company experience preferred
Benefits of working at Convoy:
- Health & Wellness: Taking care of your health comes first. Convoy covers 100% of your medical, dental, and vision premiums, and 85% for your family. We also provide access to the gym and showers in our building.
- In-Office Happiness: Enjoy catered meals multiple times through the week, and fully stocked fridges and pantries to keep you running full.
- Commuter Benefits: We transport the world; the least we can do is help get you to work. Every employee receives a fully paid Orca Card to get you around on the bus, light rail, or water taxi. We also provide locked bike storage if you prefer to pedal in.
- Time Off: Life outside of work matters! Convoy has a flexible vacation policy, so take the time off you need- we don’t track vacation or sick time. We also offer generous parental leave for those expecting new additions to their family.
- Compensation: We offer market competitive compensation, including stock options and a 401k plan to help save for retirement.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Candidates must be eligible to work in the U.S.
Read Full Job Description