Blue Nile is the largest online retailer of certified diamonds, engagement rings and fine jewelry. Our standards are amongst the highest of all jewelers. We provide a superior customer experience, extraordinary value and industry leading product quality and style. We obsess about our customers and are passionate about providing each customer with an amazing experience.
We embrace a culture of adaptability. Our team is nimble, innovative and resourceful and makes an impact on both the business and each individual customer’s personal experience. We value hard-work, flexibility and curiosity and collaborate to creatively solve problems, constantly improve and implement meaningful changes. Our team celebrates achievements and is inspired by success.
We are looking for an agile Senior Email Marketing Manager that will be responsible for supporting the strategic planning and optimization of our email channel. You will leverage consumer insights and machine learning models to build targeted email campaigns that span promotional, triggered, and transactional emails. The ideal candidate is data-driven, self-motivated and a creative thinker.
The Senior Email Marketing Manager is also responsible for managing a rigorous testing agenda, maintaining email list health and weekly performance read outs. This person will manage 2 Email Marketing Associates. The position is located in Seattle, WA but is temporarily remote.
- Develop strategy to create and execute email marketing campaigns that are aligned with overall marketing strategy and purchase journeys
- Optimize campaigns through the use of enhanced segmentation, customization, and machine learning.
- Create a rigorous testing strategy via test and learn approach with focus on customization, offers, segmentation, content, and frequency
- Monitor and develop new initiatives to drive list growth
- Manage the email calendar working collaboratively with the merchandise, promotions and creative teams to support go to market plans and business trends
- Own and monitor all email channel KPI’s, and work proactively to optimize the program’s effectiveness
- Lead, develop and mentor a team of two associates.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business, or related field.
- 5+ years of email marketing experience with demonstrated success and program growth
- 2+ years working hands on with an ESP
- Current knowledge around email marketing best practices and trends including marketing automation, deliverability, creative, segmentation and modeling, privacy and data security, etc
- Experience and familiarity with a/b testing methodologies, dynamic content, and predictive models.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter, who can work independently and proactively
- Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Comfortable with pulling and manipulating data using SQL and writing scripts
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to communicate across business areas
- Ability to prioritize and deliver on multiple threads of work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong personal work ethic, including personal initiative and ownership
What We Offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount