We are one of the main reasons it’s possible to text with a business today. Zipwhip was the first company to enable texting on existing business phone numbers, and we are now the world’s leading business-texting software and API provider. More than 35,000 companies use us to increase customer engagement and drive growth through texting on their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number. Intuitive cloud-based software, an enterprise-grade API and direct network connectivity mean businesses can use any computer or mobile device to securely and reliably reach their customers, every time.
Our strong venture backing allows us to aggressively invest in our product, technology and team; we’ve received nearly $100 million in funding from the likes of Goldman Sachs, M12 (Microsoft Ventures) and OpenView. We are consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing workplaces, and were voted the 6th best place to work in the state by Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal in 2019.
Every day we work to uphold our core DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. We know that we’ll build better products if we have a diverse and inspired team that’s encouraged to make mistakes and experiment.
If you want to be part of a team where you’re supported and empowered to change the way the world communicates, then we’d love to hear from you.
How this role makes an impact:
As Senior Marketing Operations Manager, you will design, build, test, and maintain the marketing automation stack for the digital engagement team and greater Marketing, Product, and Customer Success teams.
This role is mostly operations focused with a heavy emphasis on technical execution; you will serve as the technical expert and administrator for our digital marketing tools. This includes maintaining our marketing automation platform (Marketo) to generate, score, route, attribute, and report on new qualified lead records, as well as supporting the execution of a steady stream of engagement campaigns via Marketo, our in-app communication tool Pendo, and our Zipwhip.com Drift chat bot. These campaigns ultimately drive use of our software, advance user knowledge of best practices, and increase customer satisfaction.
You will be responsible for managing the technology for our end to end channel tracking, including the flow of data across marketing platforms and web properties. These tools include the Zipwhip.com marketing website, Marketo, Salesforce, Pendo, Drift, advertising platforms, and more. As part of this effort, you will collaborate closely with our analyst, acquisition marketing team, and web manager.
Working knowledge of an integrated marketing automation stack is a key requirement for this role. The position requires project management experience, and extensive leveraging marketing automation and data management tools.
What you’ll be working on:
- Design, build, test, and maintain the digital marketing stack for the digital engagement team
- Function as admin and technical subject matter expert for key digital engagement tools
- Partner closely with Digital Engagement team members to support a comprehensive pre- and post-sale customer engagement strategy This program delivers personalized and dynamic content to guide users through the customer lifecycle
- Ensure all digital engagement assets and campaigns meet relevant message compliance rules. (GDPR/CASL)
- Maintain lead-gen operations, including forms, attribution, scoring and routing systems
- Maintain all integrations with Marketo, Salesforce, Pendo, Drift and our Zipwhip API
- HTML/CSS debugging for both forms and email content when necessary
The skills you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrable technical marketing operations experience. Extensive hands on building and executing on integrations, automations, and data management projects
- Marketo specific expertise required. Advanced certification or expert level project experience required (Implementing new instances, launching new integrations, building modular, scalable automations, etc)
- Strong proficiency in list and database management – Boolean operators, nested logic, reusable segments, etc
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel – Vlookup, functions, concatenation, data manipulation for investigation and efficient campaign operations
- Skill set with additional marketing tech solutions (Salesforce, Drift, Pendo, Google Analytics, etc)
- Working knowledge of basic HTML/CSS – The ability to quickly debug and understand our form/website integration, check values in hidden fields, CSS styling, etc
- Advanced user knowledge of marketing automation best practices, including campaign organization, design, execution, measurement and database management
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple projects simultaneously, and maintain a high level of detail and accuracy
- A curious and passionate personality
- Strong investigative and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently on projects with little supervision
- Ability to present project plans and investigative findings in a clear, concise manner
- Ranked the #6 best workplace in Washington in 2019 from Seattle Business magazine and The Puget Sound Business Journal
- Consistently ranked one of Washington’s fastest-growing companies by Deloitte
- Competitive salary and stock options
- Full benefits package including parental leave, 401k, flexible remote work, generous PTO
- Health benefits including paid maternity and paternity leave, medical, vision, disability and life insurance
- Free on-site weekly yoga and meditation classes hosted by ZUM fitness, and discounted memberships to Soul Fitness and CorePower Yoga
- A brand new office on Elliott Bay with easy beachfront park access
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage
- A culture of transparency and open communication, including a catered weekly lunch meeting hosted by our CEO
- Values-based leadership and a commitment to building diversity and inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity of all kinds. We prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally recognized basis. This includes, but isn’t limited to, race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy, marital status, age, veteran status, disability or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.
We are an E-verify participating employer.