Social Media Manager at TaxBit (Seattle, WA)
TaxBit is helping to drive mainstream adoption of digital assets by connecting the consumer, enterprise, and government tax and accounting ecosystems.
Our Software-as-a-Service platform streamlines our customers’ reporting experience across traditional and digital asset classes. We are trusted in this work by thousands of consumers, leading exchanges and enterprises, government agencies (including the IRS), respected accounting firms, and others to solve complex accounting problems at scale and ensure compliance with the latest tax laws. TaxBit investors include Paradigm, Tiger Global, PayPal Ventures, Winklevoss Capital, Coinbase Ventures, and other leading crypto investors. Our team is located in Salt Lake City, UT and Seattle, WA.
If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your growth, recognizes your unique contribution, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment, then TaxBit is the place for you. We’re looking for team members ready to join a hypergrowth company and are excited to work at the forefront of an entirely new industry.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Social Media Manager to join the Brand & Communications team at TaxBit. If you are passionate about social media, community engagement and growth this is the role for you. You will drive brand/awareness through engaging content that follows best practices for each vertical. Working closely with the Content Strategist, VP of Brand and Communications and wider teams to represent TaxBit while growing and engaging with our community and driving thought leadership. We encourage experimentation with new ideas and driving adoption while supporting our brand growth. We view social media as a critical driver of our organic and paid growth strategy – in this respect you will have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the broader growth of our brand! If you’re self-motivated, creative, and like to take creative risks to drive conversations, this is the role for you.
- Own execution across all channels, engaging existing and potential customers through timely, dynamic, interactive, and engaging social content
- Own and drive engagement across several audiences including financial institutions, developers, and more
- Determine, implement and optimize the overall social strategy across multiple platforms
- Develop/manage community engagement and influencer programs
- Drive content creation, testing and optimization across all channels
- Monitor performance and deliver a monthly social reporting outlining wins, learnings and opportunities for innovation and expansion
- Grow TaxBit’s social media presence and engagement
- Own employee advocacy and engagement across our established platform
- Work with the Design team to create on-brand, visually appealing graphics that complement social copy and broader strategy
- Develop and implement innovative social tactics to create more brand awareness and ultimately achieve business objectives
Desired Skills & Qualifications
- Expert at best practices for the top social media platforms – with a curiosity for understanding new social platforms and tools
- Proficiency in social media publishing, listening and measurement tools
- You have a passion for data and can quickly assess market movements to generate content that’s on brand, on point, and sometimes, on the fly
- You're a storyteller with an eye for detail, and mastery of both technical and aesthetic best practices for copy, images, and video across social platforms
- Words matter and you pride yourself on your writing and stylistic sensibility
- You live and breathe on social – understanding how social engagement works and how to integrate crypto and mainstream social trends into content seamlessly
- Ability to navigate multiple stakeholders, platforms and communities to ensure that strategies/goals are aligned
- Detail oriented creative problem solver with passion for branding, marketing communications and advertising
- Ability to work autonomously while owning and building a collaborative social media content strategy and calendar that unites cross-org partners.
- Driven risk taker who’s passionate and always thinking social-first
- The opportunity to build in a fast-paced start-up environment with experienced industry leaders
Why you want to work here
- Competitive cash and equity compensation
- Investment in your physical and mental well-being with a robust offering of health, dental, and vision benefits with certain plans eligible for 100% premium coverage
- A modern 401(k) plan that includes access to crypto, financial wellness benefits, low fees, and more
- Unlimited PTO - take time away to rest, refuel, and recharge
- Paid parental leave to bond with your new child
- Friday team lunches
- Autonomous work and flexibility in how work is performed
TaxBit requires all new employees to submit proof of their COVID-19 vaccination status as a condition of their employment. As such, your failure to timely provide such information, upon TaxBit's request, may result in the revocation of your offer or the termination of your employment with TaxBit, as applicable.
We are committed to maintaining a safe and inclusive workplace, and our vaccination policy will evolve in response to the changing risks and regulations associated with COVID-19.