Social Media Specialist
PayScale is the world leader in modern compensation software. We believe data-informed discussions about compensation benefit both employers and employees and that greater pay transparency promotes equity, engagement and employee retention. We are bringing the dark art of compensation into the light by helping individuals understand the right pay for their position and more than 7,000 businesses retain and manage their largest investment: their people.
We’re transforming the compensation industry and are looking to bring on talented professionals like you with diverse perspectives. At PayScale, we acknowledge and value our differences as well as our combined strengths. We want all employees, regardless of their background, to feel respected personally and professionally. We foster a working environment that generates new ideas, promotes ownership and experimentation and encourages highly motivated individuals to be truly creative. Are you bright, tenacious, and inventive? If so, PayScale may be the perfect place for you to grow your career!
The Role: You will report to the Director of Content Marketing and will be responsible for planning, implementing and monitoring the company’s social media program in order to drive audience growth, increase brand awareness, improve engagement and drive referrals. In this role, you will:
- Develop, implement and lead our social media strategy
- Define the most impactful social media metrics
- Create and execute social media content
- Measure and report upon the success of social media campaigns, recommending optimizations
- Establish relationships with industry professionals and influencers via social media to create a strong partnerships and message amplification.
The Person: The ideal individual for this opportunity brings the following to the table:
- You are passionate about social media, love to take on challenges and identify how content can engage an audience and move them toward a behavior.
- You are an analytical and critical thinker
- You are a strong teammate and collaborator.
- You have 2+ years of experience as a corporate Social Media Specialist (or equivalent)
- You have excellent knowledge of Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Instagram, and social media standard methodologies
- You are skilled in social media tools including: Sprout Social, Buzzsumo, Google Analytics and Domo. Familiarity with SEO preferred.
PayScale provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. PayScale complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Benefits We Offer:
- Unlimited Paid Time Off policy
- 100% company paid medical/vision/dental/prescription premiums for employees (50% for eligible dependents and partners)
- Four Flexible Spending Account (FSA) options for pre-tax employee allocations towards:
- Dependent Care (can be used towards day care costs!)
- Long Term Disability, Short Term Disability, and Company-paid Life Insurance
- Maternity and Paternity Leave
- 10 paid holidays!
- Summer office closure, entire week of July 4th
- 401k with company match, vests immediately
- Casual dress code (JSS - Jeans, shorts, and sandals welcome!)
- Onsite lockers, showers, and clothes dryer
- Bike storage
- Gender neutral bathrooms on most floors
- Mothers' Room
- Sitting-Standing ergo friendly desks
- Weekly company sponsored happy hours
- Fido Fridays (our canine colleagues join us the first Friday of every month. WOOF!)
- Flexible work hours and potentially ability to work from home