Specialist, Public Relations at Accolade (Seattle, WA)
Accolade at a glance
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest -growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The Public Relations Specialist is responsible for working closely across marketing and with the Sales, Business Development, Customer Partnerships, Product and Executive teams to support the build, promotion and management of the Accolade brand and reputation in the market. This role supports thought leadership, public relations, and storytelling through customer and member case studies and references.
A day in the life…
Thought Leadership Events & Speaking
- Thought leadership narrative –supports the development of our thought leadership position and weaving it through our PR, events and other functions.
- Event strategy –identifies events for thought leadership opportunities; supports all aspects of event execution.
- Event calendar and speaker’s bureau –maintains industry conference calendar and coordinates program and speaker submissions, creates content and speaker abstracts for speaking engagements, coordinates customer and member participation/speakers at events, plans event media activities and executive roles, develops content and presentations, prepares teams to maximize event efforts at and beyond the event.
- Awards –identifies Accolade for relevant industry awards that span healthcare, technology, business and leadership.
- PR strategy and execution –supports Accolade’s PR strategy; creates story angles and data for newsworthy activities, writes and distributes press releases.
- Media and influencer relations –works with Marketing leaders to achieve visibility in business, healthcare, technology outlets, extending to consumer if/when appropriate –including coordinating contributed stories across media outlets; maintains relationships with media and manages outreach strategies.
- Analyst relations –Ensures trade analysts are updated on Accolade strategy and developing a positive and supportive position on the company.
- Market trends and opportunities –tracks industry and competitor news, looks for opportunities for Accolade response, comments and follow-up on stories.
- Association marketing –secures content in newsletters/blogs; looks to extend visibility with these audiences.
- Media training –assists with ongoing training with spokespeople and supports annual media training session.
- Internal communications –assists with updating and communicating corporate narrative, brand and messaging.
- Reporting –manages media coverage and trends and prepares results summaries for regular reviews/reports.
Member & Customer Case Studies
- Reference process –work with Customer Partnerships to establish the process and cadence for extracting and developing stories on our customers and members for use in PR and marketing programs.
- Writing and vendor management –work with Content Director and freelance writers to support the program.
- Visibility and coverage –Weave member and customer references into media opportunities and support marketing team in leveraging quotes and references across the website, events and demand programs.
- Messaging consistency –provides guidance to Accolade colleagues on messaging and sharing information internally.
- Video content –supports marketing and internal video initiatives used in Sales and Internal communications.
- Internal comms for Field Ops/Corporate –Support the team in developing and posting content.
- Marketing planning –organize and contribute to a marketing plan and calendar.
- Marketing reporting –track KPIs against annual marketing plan for specific marketing activities; make recommendations for improved quarter-over-quarter performance.
- Vendor management –serve as the point person for select marketing vendors to ensure the efficient and effective execution of corporate marketing projects and budgets.
- Budgeting–proactively supports the PR budget to keep team aligned with marketing and corporate budgeting
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Business/Marketing/Communications, Design or technology-related field
- 3 years of public relations experience in healthcare, with a blend of corporate and agency history
- Strong communicator and presenter, highly organized and able to manage multiple projects and initiatives.
- Strong writer, familiar with website, marketing, blog and internal communications and writing styles and requirements.
- Minimum two years of experience working on marketing or business initiatives or campaigns, whether in school or in a business environment.
- Strong project management skills, strict attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and email (Outlook) skills; preferred knowledge of Google Analytics/similar web analysis tools, Salesforce.com, Qualtrics, CMS and bulk email systems.
- Experience working in a healthcare environment and/or Business to Business role is a plus.
- Experience working with high-performing teams and against tight deadlines, supporting the needs of and communicating regularly with multiple stakeholders.
- A team player–Capable of working effectively with individuals throughout the organization
- Highly creative–Able to translate complex concepts into simple graphics and visuals
- Self-directed–Able to operate under pressure and manage multiple projects under deadlines
- High-energy, can-do attitude–Thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough
problems in creative ways, having fun along the way
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big -- not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one
person at a time.