Sr. Search Engine Manager at Rover
!Sorry, this job was removed at 3:41 p.m. (CST) on Tuesday, July 23, 2019
Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the world’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
Our global headquarters are in Seattle, Washington in the United States, working closely with our teams in Spokane, Berlin, London, and Barcelona. We have a track record of being recognized as a great place to work, having been named among Seattle's 'Best Places to Work' in Seattle Business Magazine and the Puget Sound Business Journal for three years running. We're an agile, fast-growing company, and our leadership comes from some of the world's most respected tech companies. Our pioneering approach to people and pups alike landed us on the list of GeekWire’s Next Tech Titan in 2019 and the World's Most Innovative Companies in 2018 by Fast Company. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
We're looking for an experienced technical Search Engine Marketer (Marketing Analyst) to join our growth marketing team. You'll primarily be responsible for managing our paid search marketing as well as supporting other growth marketing initiatives and international expansion. Ideally you'll have already worked with large and sophisticated SEM accounts, and have experience automating reporting and optimizations using Adwords and Bing APIs.
You'll succeed in this role if you have a talent for strategizing and prioritizing projects, as well as the drive and ability to execute at a fast pace while still paying attention to the details. Our growth marketing team strives to be amongst the best there is and we’re looking a smart, enthusiastic SEM manager to help us meet our goals. With the rapid growth thatRover.com has been experiencing, we’re looking for an individual that is excited to take advantage of all the opportunities that come their way, and wants to grow their career along with the company.
- Manage a multi-million dollar yearly budget and actively manage paid search campaigns to maximize scale within efficiency targets and monthly budgets
- Responsible for monthly billing and accrual process form SEM, as well as assisting in the forecasting of future performance
- Exploring new partner opportunities and managing current vendor relationships
- Collaborate and assist in developing international ad accounts and campaign management projects
- Create, update, and maintain regular reporting for testing and ongoing performance
- Analyze performance data and provide intelligent synthesis, interpretation and appropriate action plans based on conclusions.
- Work with a creative team ideating and producing advertising copy to be regularly tested using thoughtful data analysis, learning constantly about how to better message and communicate with our customers
- Maintain high levels of up-to-date knowledge of best practices and strategies in the management of online paid media
- Manage relationships with search engine representatives to take advantage of new offerings, tests as well as acquire ideas for building efficient scale and solicit performance data for program optimization
- Support peers to optimize overall team performance, sharing helpful knowledge and resources, as well as implementing new and improved processes
- Provide senior-level support around competitive presence, marketing strategies and tactical execution
- Minimum 3 years (5+ years preferred) of experience in managing large scale SEM accounts. (i.e.: experience in automating bidding, scaling keyword coverage, optimizing account structure, as well as templated ad and landing page testing)
- Experience managing large media budgets and meeting/exceeding monthly goals for spend, revenue, customer acquisition, and other key performance metrics
- Comfortable with SQL and have experience querying data tables that join Adwords/Bing API data tables with first party data tables. Other database management skills are a strong plus
- Experience with responsibilities such as regular reporting, collaborative strategic planning, performance management, and forecasting
- Experience and proficiency with Google Analytics and/or other website analytics suites
- Experience managing vendor relationships
- Demonstrated analytical skills, and very comfortable with spreadsheets (excel and/or sheets)Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Detail-oriented and highly organized
- Exhibit enthusiasm, passion, creativity and commitment
- Bachelor’s Degree in marketing, business, statistics or similar analytical field of study. MBA or Master’s a plus
- BONUS: The ability to edit or write scripts in order to automate tasks and reporting would be a high value skill for this position
Benefits of working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Bring your dog to work (and unlimited puppy time)
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
Rover embraces diversity and opposes discrimination. This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle. Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description