As a Web Analyst for our digital marketing agency, you understand and communicate marketing analytics to stakeholders in a way that communicates value and delights. You identify business needs, understand the importance of data interpretation, and present actionable insights. By your sense for service and quality of presentations, you make data accessible and make clients feel confident. You will identify requirements and work with teams to develop formats for reporting. As a part of the Analytics team, you will closely collaborate with the Digital Strategy team and senior engineers, external partners and clients to build analytics systems that deliver value.
You are a problem solver, have an ability to simplify complex tasks, and are adept at synthesizing information. From project work to issue troubleshooting and resolution, this role requires critical thinking, organization,presentation, classification, time management and interpersonal skills.
- Present data to stakeholders and clients at a Director and Executive-level
- Utilizing data visualization best practices
- Conduct valid A/B testing through the understanding of statistics fundamentals
- Ability to gather, manage and synthesize large amounts of information effectively and creatively
- Answer questions from internal and external clients by examining data from analytics reports
- Identify requirements for reporting
- Communicate results to both internal teams and clients in a way that communicates value and delights
- Provide on-demand support for issues through troubleshooting, issue identification, resolution and reporting
- Monitor analytics platforms for anomalies and support rapid resolution for mission-critical reporting
- Report on analytics activities and actively support digital strategists and management to triage incoming requests
- Support Analytics audits and business development activities
Need to Have:
- You dream to delight clients and deliver excellent service
- You contextualize data within the digital marketing ecosystem, and you're especially skilled with Tableau
- You derive insights from Google Analytics and Google Search Console
- You understand business requirements and how they relate to analytics instrumentation and reporting
- You are curious about root causes, final effects and hate red herrings
- You ask the right questions of stakeholders and the data
- You cut through ambiguity to get to key questions
- You can tell a story with data and communicate value to clients
- Strong command of layout/composition, typography, color theory, etc.
- You understand data visualization methodologies
- Experience with requirements gathering, analysis and documentation
- You understand statistics and experiment design
- You skillfully use Microsoft Excel (PivotTables, VLOOKUP, Conditional IF's, etc.)
Nice to Have:
- You understand Agile environments (standups, sprints, backlog, Kanban, JIRA, etc.)
- You comfortably write Regular Expressions (RegEx)
- Google Analytics Certification
- You've worked with Google Tag Manager or Tealium previously
- You manipulate data using R or Python
- You understand the data collection process in web analytics, understanding where the data comes from and what it means
- You explain analytics principles to non-technical people
- A fun company culture and beautiful work environment
- Excitement, creativity and rapid growth
- Competitive salary & benefits, including full medical, dental and vision coverage
- Quarterly volunteering
- 401K & contribution matching
We work with companies large and small to discover and make the most of new opportunities in an exciting, ever-changing digital landscape.
Our work is varied. We’ve developed global domain strategy for a billion-dollar insurance network and harnessed SEO to help dozens of ecommerce companies make organic search their fastest growing and most profitable source of revenue. We’ve built digital advertising campaigns that generate tens of millions in profit for an online bookseller, tripled lead generation for a leading telecommunications company through conversion rate optimization, and developed and implemented analytics strategies for a 150-site healthcare provider.
Although the digital strategies we employ vary with client needs, our identity does not.
Our values are our north star. They guide our decisions and our every action. We’re committed to being a partner who goes above and beyond to make sure our experience together and the results we achieve are exceptional.
Wheelhouse DMG is an equal employment opportunity employer. All employees have the right to work in a discrimination-free environment. Wheelhouse DMG will not permit or condone any arbitrary or unlawful discrimination in the workplace. It is our policy that all employment decisions will be made without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, creed, religion, age, marital status, national origin, disability, honorably discharged veteran or military status, genetic characteristics, political affiliation, or any other factor protected from discrimination by state, local, or federal.