Zipwhip is a Seattle-based SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) company providing text messaging to businesses across North America through cloud-based software and a best-in-class API solution. One of the fastest growing tech companies in North America as ranked by Deloitte Fast 500 2017 and 2018, Zipwhip invented the technology that enables businesses to text using their existing landline, VoIP or toll-free phone number and communicate with consumers the modern way.
Zipwhip is aggressively investing in our people, product offerings and processes. We are backed by Goldman Sachs, Microsoft Ventures, OpenView, Voyager Capital and a host of other investors, and are seeing rapid growth in both employees and revenue. Zipwhip is the only business-texting provider with direct connections to all Tier 1 and 2 wireless operators in the U.S., and we've delivered billions of texts to consumers nationwide.
Zipwhip employees come to work every day (to one of Seattle's coolest offices) inspired and ready to live out our DIRECT values: Determination, Innovation, Respect, Enthusiasm, Collaboration and Trust. If you want to be part of an organization where highly motivated thinkers are empowered to change the way we communicate with the world around us, then we'd like to hear from you.
What we're looking for:
Zipwhip is searching for a talented writer to create a high volume of compelling B2B content including blog posts, case studies and e-books. This person will help increase organic traffic and drive marketing-qualified leads, as well as provide value for current customers and build brand awareness. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of creating content that increases engagement and drives conversion. This position requires a high level of attention to detail and the ability to communicate technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
What's the job really?
- Research, write and publish ~6 pieces of blog content monthly
- Conceptualize and write high-value content for e-books
- Collaborate with Product Marketing on case studies, customer testimonials and content relating to product updates
- Conduct keyword research using SEM Rush and optimize all content for search
- Participate in regular brainstorms to generate new content ideas
- Identify and interview Zipwhip customers for client success stories
- Present new ideas for interactive pieces of content(quizzes, polls, etc.)
- Analyze the performance of your content and make strategic recommendations based on learnings
- Coordinate with our Communications team on social media promotion of all your content
- Refresh old blog posts to improve SEO
- Execute on a link-building strategy to help improve Zipwhip’s domain authority
- Occasionally write guest posts for other sites to increase links to Zipwhip.com
- Identify and secure new syndication partners
- Upload and publish blog posts written by executives
- Write scripts for videos as needed
- Write copy for the website and emails as needed
- Monitor competitor content and present findings to the content marketing team weekly
- Adhere to tone and style guidelines to ensure consistency of voice across the site
What you bring to the table:
- 3+ years of content creation experience, with at least 1-2 years at a B2B company
- Strong editing and proofreading skills, with knowledge of AP style
- Ability to write clear and concise copy to educate a wide variety of audiences
- Experience using WordPress or comparable CMS
- Strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Ability to understand audience types and adapt voice and style accordingly
- Creative thinker with the drive and skill to execute with minimal direction
- Self-starter who can manage their own projects and deadlines
- Extreme attention to detail and precise writing
- Ability to focus and deliver high volumes of quality work under deadline
- An understanding of how to use data to perform analyses and make informed decisions
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, self-driven startup culture
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, with the ability to interact positively and professionally with peers and executives
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant field (journalism, marketing or communications) preferred
What we offer:
- A fun, lively startup culture and one of Seattle's coolest offices.
- Core values-based leadership.
- A culture of employee engagement-lively weekly company updates as 1 example.
- Competitive salary and stock options.
- Complimentary access to a fitness center.
- Stipend for transportation and cell phone usage.
- Full benefits package including parental leave, a matching 401k program, PTO, and medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
- Complimentary snacks, complimentary beverages, a subsidized cafeteria with lunch made fresh every day, and free lunch on Fridays catered by local chefs.
- Complimentary shuttle access to office from King Street Station, Ferry Terminal and Yesler/Occidental.
Zipwhip values an inclusive and diverse team.
We are an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with applicable law, we prohibit discrimination against any applicant or employee based on any legally-recognized basis, including, but not limited to: race, color, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.