Who we are:
Rover.com connects pet parents with the nation’s largest network of pet sitters and dog walkers. On Rover, pet parents can easily discover, book, and manage personalized care for their dogs including pet sitting, dog walking, and doggy day care. Founded in 2011 on the belief that everyone should have the opportunity to experience the unconditional love of a dog, Rover improves and simplifies life for pet parents and the dogs they love.
We're headquartered in downtown Seattle. We're an agile, fast-growing startup, and our leadership comes from some of the country's most respected tech companies. We've been named among Seattle's "Best Places to Work" in Seattle Met magazine, Seattle Business Magazine, and the Puget Sound Business Journal." We're also a recipient of Seattle Business Magazine's 2015 Tech Impact Awards. Needless to say (but we're going to say it anyway)—we love dogs, and we wouldn't dream of going to work without them by our sides.
Who we're looking for:
Rover seeks a passionate, experienced Applications Manager to own multiple corporate applications including all operations SaaS tools in the Seattle office! Major components of our Tech Stack include: Zendesk, Talkdesk, Chatitive, ServiceNow and Jira.
We are looking someone to take the lead on a number of large initiatives this year including international expansion and rolling out a new internal process automation SaaS service. This person will be involved in planning strategic IT initiatives and delivering on business-wide growth and expansion projects. Rover is transitioning from a medium-sized, US-only company to a large company, expanding across the globe.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter, has excellent communication and teamwork skills, loves to build scalable technology solutions and has propensity for problem solving on a large scale. There are a lot of opportunities to continue to build a great team and create innovative solutions with leading-edge tools.
What does IT look like at Rover?
Rover’s IT environment has very little on-premise hardware. Our strategy is to leverage cloud based services exclusively to ensure maximum scalability, adaptability and security. For all non-SaaS services, we run our own AWS Kubernetes cluster to ensure that we have no servers onsite. Our company and team are growing rapidly, so the ideal candidate will have experience working with tools that are needed during our transition from a medium to a large organization.
- Manage vendor relationships with customer operations partners
- Responsible for driving KPIs, contract negotiation and ensuring solutions meet Rover’s emerging needs
- Serve as a systems expert to engineer cross-departmental solutions that achieve key operational results
- Develop, implement and maintain system protocols; including outages, degradations, communication plans and change management
- Responsible for adherence to compliance standards (PCI, SOX, GDPR, etc.)
- Manage a small team of Application Administrators
- Manage Corporate Applications support requests
- Build and roll out solution-appropriate tools and drive innovation across the team
- Proactively seek out problems and design scalable solutions to rectify those issues
- Optimize the existing Corp Apps solution based on the business’ strategy
- Own the solutions of Zendesk and associated tie-in SaaS systems
- Ownership of ServiceNow, Jira and other key Corporate Applications
- Be a key contributor to Rover’s continuing international-expansion efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related field or equivalent experience
- 4+ years’ experience in a Applications Management or related role
- Expertise in administering operational SaaS solutions like Zendesk, Talkdesk & Chatitive
- Experience with services like ServiceNow, Jira and other technology solutions
- Superior communication skills with both technical and non-technical team members
- Project and program management skills, including experience launching and migrating core systems
- Experiencing leading and developing a team including vendors
- Experience integrating systems from multiple companies onto a single platform
- Extensive SaaS vendor management experience
- Knowledgeable in contact center technologies and operations
Why we'll hire you:
- You are a fast learner and can quickly acclimate to working with new technologies
- You keep up with the latest technology and can identify which systems will help Rover develop new capacities and continue to scale
- You love to help people by building better tools to make their lives easier!
- You utilize your superior communication skills to build bridges between technical and non-technical teams, delivering the best technology solution for the business need.
- You see how the problems of today are driving the solutions of tomorrow
- You are self-started and self-directed
- You have a passion to deliver the best end-user experience for Corporate Applications technologies
- You believe in our mission as a company
- You like to work hard, and have fun while you're doing it!
Benefits of Working at Rover.com
- Competitive compensation
- Stock options
- 4 weeks paid time off
- Competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Doggy benefits, including $1000 toward adopting your first dog
- Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats (for humans and dogs)
- Free catered lunches semi-monthly
- Regular team activities, including happy hours, snow tubing, game nights, and more
- 50 free dog walks a year
- You will join a global team of experienced and passionate technologists with ambitious plans for further growth.
- And if you are owning a dog yourself? Bring your furry friend to our office - we are dog friendly!
This position is based at Rover HQ in Downtown Seattle.
Candidates must be eligible to work in the US.
Read Full Job Description